Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 130 decibels? Really?

Default 130 decibels? Really?

Washington Grizzly recently recorded 117 decibels at a game and for an outdoor stadium of 25,000 I would say that's pretty respectable. An NDSU poster by the name of Bison recently came on eGriz claiming u guys have reached 130 decibels.

by bison » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:29 am

Been to WG 3 times. Fargodome is much louder. Has hit 130 decibals in there. Inclement weather is an advantage to neither team, unless one team is from the south.

If this is true then WOW! That's frickin' loud. Is there any proof to this? A news article mabey? Or is he just blowin' smoke?

Default Re: 130 decibels? Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargodome

it can get pretty loud in there. Id expect with a recognizable name/neighbor like Montana comin to town, it'll be revved up extra louder inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabamagrizzly View Post
    Washington Grizzly recently recorded 117 decibels at a game and for an outdoor stadium of 25,000 I would say that's pretty respectable. An NDSU poster by the name of Bison recently came on eGriz claiming u guys have reached 130 decibels.

by bison » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:29 am

Been to WG 3 times. Fargodome is much louder. Has hit 130 decibals in there. Inclement weather is an advantage to neither team, unless one team is from the south.

If this is true then WOW! That's frickin' loud. Is there any proof to this? A news article mabey? Or is he just blowin' smoke?
    Even though it shows up in a news article, it's probably a slight exaggeration. All the decibel readings I've heard of have been taken using the cheaper and less reliable method of testing. Still, we've had dozens of readings in the high teens, and the low twenties are likely during 3rd & 4th downs as well as big plays. Assuming Montana advances and it's a good game, expect the noise to rarely drop below 100db when the Griz have the ball, and an average noise level of 110-115db with peaks to 118-125db. Of course the noise will drop to 60db when the Bison are setting for the snap. We've got a smart crowd here.

A 12th man 101 class would be interesting. Would there be any interest?
    Only once did I have to cover my ears because of the sound level. That was last year during the GS game.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope we crank it up for the playoffs. I am tired of the lazy bunch I sit by, they barely wake up for third downs. I am calling you out section 9!
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Not sure on 130 but let's just say its pretty loud.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I c the stadium sits a little over 19,000 and last year u averaged 18,600 almost. How many tix do y'all think Griz fans will get and where will they b? I know when y'all came to Missoula in 2003 u got two sections with a probably about 2000 fans which was unheard of. Now E Wash gets that many but back then no one did.

I c the stadium sits a little over 19,000 and last year u averaged 18,600 almost. How many tix do y'all think Griz fans will get and where will they b? I know when y'all came to Missoula in 2003 u got two sections with a probably about 2000 fans which was unheard of. Now E Wash gets that many but back then no one did.
    Technically 18,700 seats I think. Griz fans would be on about the 25 yard line or so I think right next to the student section. NCAA mandates 500 tickets I think? That is about all Montana fans would really be able to get their hands on I reckon.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Griz will get whatever the mandatory playoff allocation is (seated by student section for playoffs). Someone else on here will have to say what that amount is because I'm not 100% sure on the number. 200? It looks like standing room tickets can still be bought online though.

Tickets are usually difficult to come by here.