Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 130 decibels? Really?

Default Re: 130 decibels? Really?

I stated earlier that r record at WGS was 117. That was wrong. The stadium announcers said it was 111. Alphagriz, who y'all know over here, had his own equipment set up and he read 107. His may be more accurate cus he's kind of a self proclaimed expert with top notch equipment.

AlphaGriz measured 117.3 decibels - UM's at 111
    by BWahlberg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:07 pm
    This update is buried in another thread so I figured I'd post it here too.

Alpha texted me near halftime, he was monitoring the crowd noise as we'd planned and the highest reading he had was 117.3.

The UM announced later in the game, when fans were hitting the exits as EWU was widening the gap that they'd measured 111 and encouraged people to cheer at about the worst time in the game, I think it was right after EWU went up 35-17.

While I was frustrated with the UM's real lack of coordination to get the crowd all loud at one point, it was good to see that early on our stadium did go over 117 per Alpha's readings.

Thanks Griz Nation, as always, you're the best.

Re: AlphaGriz measured 117.3 decibels - UM's at 111
    by ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:06 am
    Brent sorry man I responded to you in that text and didn't notice the typo until I saw this thread. 107.3 was the highest I got but I was not in a great place to get that accurate reading.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I hope we crank it up for the playoffs. I am tired of the lazy bunch I sit by, they barely wake up for third downs. I am calling you out section 9!
    We sit in section nine and I will agree with you. We are one of a handful to stand up and cheer many times; when I'm not there, my wife is the first one to stand up and yell while the rest look up from their knitting. Get up and get loud, people!
    Last edited by BisonCardinal; 12-02-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: typed incorrectly

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    We sit in section nine and I will agree with you. We are the only ones to stand up and cheer many times and when I'm not there, my wife is the first one to stand up and yell while the rest look up from their knitting. Get up and get loud, people!
    Um, nice exaggeration...I sit in section 9 (have been for about 10 years) and there are plenty of people who stand and make noise.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Could be worse...You could be in section 21

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You guys DO realize you can help pump up the crowd around you, right?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    That's from AGS:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...iversity/page9

Guy who posted it is on the field during GA Southern games if I recall correctly.
    Love how they down play it saying that they played in Baton Rouge this year so they know. GA Southern played at Alabama and it wasn't a complete blowout...21 point game, and they came in saying pretty much the same thing. We're ready for the noise, the noise wasn't going to be a big problem. Let them come in thinking what they may, but come playoff time and two weeks to prepare this will be a different bison team than they saw on tape. I'm pissed I will miss most of it.

I loved how after scoring their last TD (which I'm sure he and many thought would seal the game), the GS QB gave the shush gesture to the crowd, only later to have the place explode when the Bison drove it in for the win and subsequent defensive stand. Good stuff.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I hope we crank it up for the playoffs. I am tired of the lazy bunch I sit by, they barely wake up for third downs. I am calling you out section 9!
    I agree, my seats are also in Section 9...it's been bad this season...not only do a lot of the people around me not cheer much but they don't even stand up on 3rd downs. I know there are some good groups in the section but really hoping to see everybody on their feet during the playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I agree, my seats are also in Section 9...it's been bad this season...not only do a lot of the people around me not cheer much but they don't even stand up on 3rd downs. I know there are some good groups in the section but really hoping to see everybody on their feet during the playoff run.
    It's probably hard for you guys since you are next to the greatest section in the FFD, section 8!
    Ho! A cheer for Green and Yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Could be worse...You could be in section 21

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    We got SD, yes we do! We got SD, what about you?
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin