Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FCS 1st Round Summary

Default Re: FCS 1st Round Summary

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Pathetic...... I wonder if these are typical attendance numbers for those teams. Or are these numbers because of most everyone eating turkey and drinking turkey.
    8992 - Jacksonville State W (53% of regular season average and lowest of season)
    5077 - Northern Arizona L (63% of regular season average and 2nd lowest of season)

4871 - South Carolina State L (37% of regular season average and lowest of season)

4787 - Fordham W (73% of regular season average and 2nd lowest of season)

4069 - Sam Houston W (55% of regular season average and lowest of season)

3286 - New Hampshire W (33% of regular season average and lowest of season)

3007 - Coastal Carolina W (37% of regular season average and lowest of season)

1928 - Butler L[/QUOTE] (71% of regular season average and 3rd lowest of season)

Regular Season Average Attendance
    Jacksonville State - 16,958
    Northern Arizona - 8,074
    South Carolina State - 13, 282
    Fordham - 6,526
    Sam Houston - 7,457
    New Hampshire - 9,836
    Coastal Carolina - 8,212
    Butler - 2,709

Yesterday's attendance at our Sam Houston-Southern Utah game was embarrassing. The dorms were opened for the students' return from the holiday, and they were given free or $5 tickets. They didn't show. It was family and alums that took their time to show. I drove from Dallas to Huntsville and back yesterday...covered a few hundred miles each way. I was rewarded with a great game against the Big Sky, our seventh win against them in a row. On to Southeastern, again. Flanders and Bell looked to be back in good shape yesterday, but we lost one receiver with a broken ankle, and an OL starter that I haven't heard a diagnosis. Good luck this coming week, Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat78 View Post
    Yesterday's attendance at our Sam Houston-Southern Utah game was embarrassing. The dorms were opened for the students' return from the holiday, and they were given free or $5 tickets. They didn't show. It was family and alums that took their time to show. I drove from Dallas to Huntsville and back yesterday...covered a few hundred miles each way. I was rewarded with a great game against the Big Sky, our seventh win against them in a row. On to Southeastern, again. Flanders and Bell looked to be back in good shape yesterday, but we lost one receiver with a broken ankle, and an OL starter that I haven't heard a diagnosis. Good luck this coming week, Bison!
    Yea on the ESPN 3 angle, one side of the field was a ghost town- must've been your student side, huh?

kind of a shame considering flanders and company are seniors. NDSU drew 12000 fans for their thanksgiving weekend playoff game a few years ago. guess some people dont give a damn about playoff football.

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    8992 - Jacksonville State W (53% of regular season average and lowest of season)
    5077 - Northern Arizona L (63% of regular season average and 2nd lowest of season)

4871 - South Carolina State L (37% of regular season average and lowest of season)

4787 - Fordham W (73% of regular season average and 2nd lowest of season)

4069 - Sam Houston W (55% of regular season average and lowest of season)

3286 - New Hampshire W (33% of regular season average and lowest of season)

3007 - Coastal Carolina W (37% of regular season average and lowest of season)

1928 - Butler L (71% of regular season average and 3rd lowest of season)

Regular Season Average Attendance
    Jacksonville State - 16,958
    Northern Arizona - 8,074
    South Carolina State - 13, 282
    Fordham - 6,526
    Sam Houston - 7,457
    New Hampshire - 9,836
    Coastal Carolina - 8,212
    Butler - 2,709
    When looking at the percentages remember there is motivation to not pad attendance numbers in the playoffs because the NCAA takes a cut of every dollar coming through the doors, regular season teams can claim any number of fans they wish.
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 12-01-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Yea on the ESPN 3 angle, one side of the field was a ghost town- must've been your student side, huh?

kind of a shame considering flanders and company are seniors. NDSU drew 12000 fans for their thanksgiving weekend playoff game a few years ago. guess some people dont give a damn about playoff football.
    Yep. I know playoff game attendance is low at several schools during the holidays, but our showing was pathetic. It's been bad all season. I think a lot of our students are aggie wannabe's, with our proximity to Texas a&m. Plus deer season in all of the Piney Woods around campus, but come on, man. It's the freaking playoffs. One of these days, our students are going to realize what they're missing and they'll grow up and be a fan base like yours. I hope anyway.

Well when you're surrounded by Big 12 and an SEC schools, its nearly impossible to compete. NDSU has the luxary of being 3.5 hours from Univ of Minnesota and the next closest being Nebraska & Iowa State @ 6 hours away.

But still, the Aggies were in Mizzou last night and Texas played on thanksgiving. At least SHS was trying to lure the students back by opening the dorms. Tough boatin, guy.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Remember kids there was a great deal of BCS games going on yesterday, a lot of in-state rivalry games as well. Tough to blame someone for wanting to be in Auburn yesterday instead of Jacksonville, or the South Carolina and Clemson game, or Arizona's ass-blowing of their in-state rivalry game. You get the picture...

With these games and a fat belly full of turkey and a 60 inch HD TV = tough break for FCS.

I hope this weekend the numbers increase. Has anyone heard if Saturday's game is sold out yet.

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I hope this weekend the numbers increase. Has anyone heard if Saturday's game is sold out yet.
    Still some SRO available.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Still some SRO available.
    What's the max in each corner?