Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Opponent: Furman Paladins

b15on is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Next Opponent: Furman Paladins

Furman Knocks Off #25 South Carolina State Playoff Opener, 30-20

Jairus Hollman put Furman on the board with a 90-yard punt return for a touchdown in the first half and returned an interception 34 yards for a third quarter score to lead the Paladins to a 30-20 victory over 25th-ranked South Carolina State in the opening round of the FCS Playoffs on Saturday afternoon at Oliver C. Dawson Stadium in Orangeburg, South Carolina.

The victory advanced the Paladins to the second round of the playoffs where they will face top-seed North Dakota State in Fargo, N.D., on Saturday, December 7, at 2:30 p.m. The game will be streamed live on ESPN3.
    137-13 Official Bison GDT Starter

Default Re: Next Opponent: Furman Paladins

Last edited by Bison-Knuckle; 12-03-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Bison will have to watch for the long run on special teams.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Furman/SCSU game was like watching a MVCS game in slow motion. As for physical play, it was pretty much a pillow fight. Furman may be a good team in the MEAC, but I believe Furman is going to find the Dome play too fast, too physical and too noisy.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Something tells me the Furman team will get fired up seeing the crowd and noise inside the dome. They played very boring and laid back today, it wont be like that next week. They will surprise the Bison with their speed and energy.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Something tells me the Furman team will get fired up seeing the crowd and noise inside the dome. They played very boring and laid back today, it wont be like that next week. They will surprise the Bison fans with their speed and energy for the first quarter and a half.
    FIFY

ten char

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    The Furman/SCSU game was like watching a MVCS game in slow motion. As for physical play, it was pretty much a pillow fight. Furman may be a good team in the MEAC, but I believe Furman is going to find the Dome play too fast, too physical and too noisy.
    Furman is from the SoCon, the same conference as Wofford and (formerly) Georgia Southern.

SCSU was from the MEAC.

Fairness in information.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Furman didn't strike me as having any significant depth and only 2 or 3 quality players. Wrong?

I'll give my official prediction later this week...but i'll give you a spoiler. not lookin good.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Furman has been traditionally a good program. They won the title in 88 and were runner up in 85 and 01. We will be facing a decent team from a traditionally good conference. I wouldn't call it a cupcake game but we should be able to take care of business!