Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Furman vs. SC State Game Day Thread

Default Re: Furman vs. SC State Game Day Thread

Screw humbler. Let's make sure they know, by the noise, how much we pitty them for coming to Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by NWNDBison View Post
    Someone said they doubted more than 6000 people were in attendance at the Furman-SCSU game. Official box score attendance courtesy Furman State Athletics: 4871 in the 22,000 seat Oliver C. Dawson Stadium at SCSU.
    Thanksgiving weekend games always have lower attendance due to students being home. Also, you guys might be the big dogs in your sparse state, but there was also a rivalry game considered one of the biggest in this part of the country going on a few miles from Orangeburg on Saturday. A lot of FCS fans in SC grew up as either a Carolina or Clemson fan.

That's not to say I wasn't a little surprised that the attendance was that low. I know Furman brought a decent contingent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dins2000 View Post
    Thanksgiving weekend games always have lower attendance due to students being home. Also, you guys might be the big dogs in your sparse state, but there was also a rivalry game considered one of the biggest in this part of the country going on a few miles from Orangeburg on Saturday. A lot of FCS fans in SC grew up as either a Carolina or Clemson fan.

That's not to say I wasn't a little surprised that the attendance was that low. I know Furman brought a decent contingent.
    very rarely is there good attendance the weekend after Thanksgiving anywhere, like you said low student numbers and hard to travel that weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    very rarely is there good attendance the weekend after Thanksgiving anywhere, like you said low student numbers and hard to travel that weekend
    Agreed. We only got 12,202 for our Thanksgiving game back in 2010. We were averaging 16,568 going into the game.