Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough Conference or Easy Trip to the Dance?

Default Tough Conference or Easy Trip to the Dance?

I posed this question in the und game thread, but its lost in the mess there.

Would people rather have a weak conference that provides an easy path to the dance? Or would people rather play in a higher rpi conference with a tough road to the dance?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Tough Conference or Easy Trip to the Dance?

I would chose the better conference because I think we would rise to the level of the competition. Let's say for example we were in the MAC or MVC. We would more likely be able to recruit a better group of players. The opponents coming in to the BSA would be better and hopefully draw better crowds. The other benefit to being in those conferences is we wouldn't have to win our conference to make the tournament. They usually get 2 or more teams in. Right now all the pressure is on winning the conference tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by acf2 View Post
    I posed this question in the und game thread, but its lost in the mess there.

Would people rather have a weak conference that provides an easy path to the dance? Or would people rather play in a higher rpi conference with a tough road to the dance?
    high rpi conference

Better conference.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Better conference, easy choice.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

If you want a home field advantage, good entertainement, and fans to show, tougher conference. If you want to improve, tough conference. No brainer . Nobody wants cup cake games. I refuse to go see weak teams on the schedule.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

When are we going to get out of the Summit? I'll probably get neg rep for this, but all the good teams have left and it looks awful right now.

Denver just joined they are everything Oakland ever was and the. Some
    TRUST THE PROCESS

How high of an RPI is usually required for a conference to get two teams into the NCAAs?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Denver just joined they are everything Oakland ever was and the. Some
    Denver has never made the tournament. Oakland has 3 times and they won a game in 2005.