Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Recruiting

Default Re: 2014 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by sambini View Post
    I heard she is gonna concentrate on 200-400 at NDSU. Matt Ness is Amandas uncle. GOOD LUCK AMANDA Welcome to BISON Nation
    I can see that since she was under-coached in high school. Ryun will get her into the 55's by her sophomore year. It's a shame not to run the 100 since right now, that is her most competitive time.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Its going to be fun to see where Ryun gets her to be her best at. She has quite a bit of potential and training work ethic to take her far. Year round track training without the other sports distractions of high school and she will hopefully flourish. It all depends though the opportunity is there for her to take, now the work begins (continues). I believe she will help the Bison keep our winning traditions in Track and Field.

NDSU, overall, does a very good of developing its athletes and improving their times, distances, heights. Especially those from smaller schools. I agree with y'all, be interesting to see what the new young women under Mr. Ryan and his fellow coaches.

Is Trevor Barry recruiting the Bahamas? I still don't understand how Dickinson State gets some of those kids? Oh wait. Maybe I know?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Article on Landon Jochim from Century High School who signed with NDSU.

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/hi...a4bcf887a.html

GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic"

Amanda Levin from West Fargo will be a Bison Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Nice! Is she going to be able to run track this spring to defend her 100, 200, 400 titles after her knee injury back at the beginning of the school year?

Gotta like a 5-11 sprinter.
    Amanda Levin continues her comeback from the knee injury suffered during volleyball season
    with a win Friday in the 400M at the EDC Indoor Track Meet.
    Ran at 1:00.89 - 2nd place finisher was at 1:06.74

Men's recruit Branden Scheel at 2nd place in the 1600 at 4:33.09 and also 2nd in the 3200 at 10:00.04

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

An article by Chris Murphy on Amanda Levin's injury last year and subsequent return this spring for West Fargo HS:

Levin says she’s back to full strength. At the Packer Relays on Friday, Levin took third in the 100 with a state-qualifying time of 12.72 seconds, but didn’t run in the 200 and 400 after tweaking her hip.
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Quote Originally Posted by BismarckBisonFan View Post
    Article on Landon Jochim from Century High School who signed with NDSU.

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/hi...a4bcf887a.html
    Landon just ran a 47 second 400 at Howard Wood.

Amazing how good some of these times are for being so earlier in the season (times have changed.)

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Landon just ran a 47 second 400 at Howard Wood.

Amazing how good some of these times are for being so earlier in the season (times have changed.)
    Great time Landon, 47.78, an all time best for a ND High School athlete. Coached by former Bison football and track standout Tim Jacobson.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Great time Landon, 47.78, an all time best for a ND High School athlete. Coached by former Bison football and track standout Tim Jacobson.
    Where does that project for college? 46.5?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt