Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Some current Stats

Default Re: Some current Stats

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Couldnt agree more with you on the WBB. But heres a question. This MBB team had been together for sometime now. WHY does it take half a season for them to start playing well if they do at all. Its not like nobody knows each other. They have been playing together for at least 3 years. So needless to say I dont understand the "its a long season thing" when other teams seem to play well right out of the box.
    PL the team started the season out last year at 15-3 and the year before they were 13-4. Starting strongly isn't really the issue, finishing strongly has been the problem. The team needs to be peaking in March if the want to make the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    PL the team started the season out last year at 15-3 and the year before they were 13-4. Starting strongly isn't really the issue, finishing strongly has been the problem. The team needs to be peaking in March if the want to make the dance.
    Starting strong and finishing strong shouldn't be mutually exclusive.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Starting strong and finishing strong shouldn't be mutually exclusive.
    I never said they were, that is just how things have played out over the past few seasons. My point was is that we need to be constantly improving and hitting our peak in March.

One thing Saul really needs to do is build some depth.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I never said they were, that is just how things have played out over the past few seasons. My point was is that we need to be constantly improving and hitting our peak in March.

One thing Saul really needs to do is build some depth.
    I know what you're saying, Student. I'm with ya. We built some good momentum and optimism with our starts the last couple years and then seemed to hit a wall. Our pattern has been to start strong and fade. I'm just concerned our sluggish start goes deeper into the season than we'd like.
    You used the right word when you said 'build' depth......give kids some minutes in tough situations. Try some different combinations of guys.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Couldnt agree more with you on the WBB. But heres a question. This MBB team had been together for sometime now. WHY does it take half a season for them to start playing well if they do at all. Its not like nobody knows each other. They have been playing together for at least 3 years. So needless to say I dont understand the "its a long season thing" when other teams seem to play well right out of the box.
    No where did is say they should start out slow it happens though....no panic button needed YET

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    No where did is say they should start out slow it happens though....no panic button needed YET
    I guess it was bad timing that the two games Ive seen this year they lost. But I wont push the button yet. You are my yoda.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    I'll say I'm tired of it winning or losing. It's not exciting, take Braun and Trayvon away and it might be unwatchable. We have two exciting players there, take them away and imagine watching this style. I love the post game myself but I know that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

This style is made to beat inferior teams, and will never allow your team to upset a big time opponent. This brings me to the lack of excitement over this team as compared to when we went to the dance. With Woodside and Co. we believed that we could make some noise or upset a team or two because we had already done it in the past (with a different coach but we still thought it could happen). This team, has never done it. Even if they make the Tourney I don't think you will see the level of excitement just due to the fact most people believe that this team won't go anywhere anyway.

There was no buzz in town for the summit championship game last year, the fans don't believe in this program right now.

20+ wins last year was great, but what did you do with that record. Lost in the first round of a bottom barrel tournament, that's not going to generate excitement in your program. Add a loss to UND when the casual fans are actually paying attention, well, you just lost your opportunity to get the casual fan to pay attention this year.

I have a feeling there are dark days ahead . . . much darker than I thought a few years ago.
    There is alot of truth in this post, especially considering how the casual fan looks at our program. I haven't seen a game yet this year. I'm planning on going to a bunch when conference season starts, but we'll have to see. What does this team do that will excite someone like me to come to more games?? One of the games I went to last year was the home game against WIU. That was absolutely awful basketball to watch. I get two defensive teams are going to have ugly games like that. But if we're giving up 95 to UND, why should I go watch our team play against someone else?? I can appreciate good defense, but good defense should lead to good offense and if it doesn't then we're not going to win games.

I hate to say this but I've been saying it since Saul's first season as head coach, this is a coaching issue more than anything else. He's a great recruiter but if you can't put the most athletic/talented team we've maybe ever had in the right positions to maximize their potential then that's a coaching issue.

F da stats just win baby...am I wrong???? Am I wrong????? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YedqV4Gl_us

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    F da stats just win baby...am I wrong???? Am I wrong????? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YedqV4Gl_us
    Tonight was the night