Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zack Johnson MVFC Offensive Lineman of the Week

Default Re: Zack Johnson MVFC Offensive Lineman of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Thanks for reminding me. Just couldn't recall where Billy ended up. Denver knows how good NDSU lineman can be.
    their new head coach was the DC in Miami last year (who cut him) so we'll see what happens. Almost an entire new coaching staff here so it's to be determined what happens with the OL after they struggled so much last year.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    their new head coach was the DC in Miami last year (who cut him) so we'll see what happens. Almost an entire new coaching staff here so it's to be determined what happens with the OL after they struggled so much last year.
    Vance Joseph prefers to build schemes that fit to his players strengths rather than trying to force players to fit schemes. The Broncos were pretty happy to get Billy after missing out on him during the draft as he was high on their list of offensive lineman back then.
    Hail the BISON!!!

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Zack measured in at a hair over 6' 4" and 346 lbs. I believe that makes him the heaviest lineman on either team.

Optimum Scouting tweeted that Zach was a 'winner' at todays practice.

I just noticed that John is covering Zack's mentions over at Bisonation.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have a niece in Windsor, CO whose husband is close friends with current OL coach James Craig. I'll have to touch base with him to see if James is retained.

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    I have a niece in Windsor, CO whose husband is close friends with current OL coach James Craig. I'll have to touch base with him to see if James is retained.
    Cregg is gone. http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/13...staff-tracker/
    Hail the BISON!!!

Yesterday Bisonation included a mention/picture of Zack at Shrine Game practice that was posted by Jeff Risdon. Jeff has a website called Real GM
    which I enjoy following: http://football.realgm.com/analysis/...y-On-The-Lines
    Here is his Tuesday take on Zack:North Dakota State guard Zach Johnson brings the flowing long hair and the “dad bod” at 6’4” and 346 pounds. He looks like a bouncer at a country music bar, but Johnson has some brute physicality to his game which shined in team drills. He landed both of his big mitts on Houston DT BJ Singleton and nearly threw him across the center. He’s not as polished as former NDSU teammate Joe Haeg, who starts for the Colts now, but he could be a better pro if he sheds a few pounds and keeps working on his feet.

Apparently big Zack has no trouble putting the weight on....I can relate.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    Yesterday Bisonation included a mention/picture of Zack at Shrine Game practice that was posted by Jeff Risdon. Jeff has a website called Real GM
    which I enjoy following: http://football.realgm.com/analysis/...y-On-The-Lines
    Here is his Tuesday take on Zack:North Dakota State guard Zach Johnson brings the flowing long hair and the “dad bod” at 6’4” and 346 pounds. He looks like a bouncer at a country music bar, but Johnson has some brute physicality to his game which shined in team drills. He landed both of his big mitts on Houston DT BJ Singleton and nearly threw him across the center. He’s not as polished as former NDSU teammate Joe Haeg, who starts for the Colts now, but he could be a better pro if he sheds a few pounds and keeps working on his feet.
    great post. I strongly recommend following Jeff on twitter if you like to get updates on players' draft stocks Great for Shrine Game and Senior Bowl updates also. Had a pretty cool little nugget on Zach today on twitter.