Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zack Johnson MVFC Offensive Lineman of the Week

Default Re: Zack Johnson MVFC Offensive Lineman of the Week

Well deserved!!!

He is a beast. Keeps improving and he will play of Sundays.

Awesome. Congrats Zack.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I have a minor man crush on Gimmestad. I call him "Bad Mamajamma". Congrats Zach! This line is playing very well right now. I like seeing our big guys pull around end and flatten a guy.

Serious question for those that would know...then they say "so and so graded out at 94%"...can someone describe what that means? I'd hate to learn something on Bisonville.

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    I have a minor man crush on Gimmestad. I call him "Bad Mamajamma". Congrats Zach! This line is playing very well right now. I like seeing our big guys pull around end and flatten a guy.

Serious question for those that would know...then they say "so and so graded out at 94%"...can someone describe what that means? I'd hate to learn something on Bisonville.
    Each player, on each and every play, is graded on several areas, like was first step correct, was proper technique used, was assignment secured, etc. I don't know all the grading areas for Olinemen, but there would be 3-5 at least.

And when I say each player is graded on several areas for every play they play, I mean just that. Coaches put a lot of time into breaking down the video and grading players. Then, after that is done, the players watch the video with their position coach (normally as a group) and each play for each player is discussed in front of everyone, so all learn the entire scheme and what others assignments are. It takes a lot of time to do this, as you can imagine, and I am actually simplifying things a bit.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Each player, on each and every play, is graded on several areas, like was first step correct, was proper technique used, was assignment secured, etc. I don't know all the grading areas for Olinemen, but there would be 3-5 at least.

And when I say each player is graded on several areas for every play they play, I mean just that. Coaches put a lot of time into breaking down the video and grading players. Then, after that is done, the players watch the video with their position coach (normally as a group) and each play for each player is discussed in front of everyone, so all learn the entire scheme and what others assignments are. It takes a lot of time to do this, as you can imagine, and I am actually simplifying things a bit.
    Thank you. Impressive that they would go to footwork, hand position, etc. I figured as much, but thank you. Yes, I don't know that us mortals understand the time put into "the program" by all. Our coaching staff is as good as there is and we are seeing the results. Very tough to find plays where we have a player "out of position".

My wife graded me out the other night at 42%. My first moves were off all night and certainly my hand position was horrible. In the end the game ended well after the Forum went to press so no results were available.

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    My wife graded me out the other night at 42%. My first moves were off all night and certainly my hand position was horrible. In the end the game ended well after the Forum went to press so no results were available.
    Hand position? Ive heard its not just your hands that are out of position.

In all seriousness....Each year we worry about what we are losing when the seniors graduate. I know after the first championship we wondered some about O-line. Zacks award is great news. Offensive success starts on the lines. If you don't believe me just ask the vikings.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Per Tony Pauline, Zack had a good first day at Shrine Bowl practice. Broadcast on NFL Network at 2:00 Saturday. NFL.com also has ongoing coverage of practices.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    Per Tony Pauline, Zack had a good first day at Shrine Bowl practice. Broadcast on NFL Network at 2:00 Saturday. NFL.com also has ongoing coverage of practices.
    Good to hear about Zack Johnson. The NFL might start to recognize how well NDSU develops offensive lineman. Joe Haeg was a monster for the Colts this year. If Billy Turner could get on the right team he could eventually do very well.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Good to hear about Zack Johnson. The NFL might start to recognize how well NDSU develops offensive lineman. Joe Haeg was a monster for the Colts this year. If Billy Turner could get on the right team he could eventually do very well.
    Billy is on a team (Broncos) that has high regards for him right now.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Billy is on a team (Broncos) that has high regards for him right now.
    Thanks for reminding me. Just couldn't recall where Billy ended up. Denver knows how good NDSU lineman can be.