Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot on the Rebound

Default Re: Hot on the Rebound

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/nov/1...tle/?newswatch

"Go soak your head" he says. Quality journalism.

I haven't heard anyone even remotely offended they they are honoring Tressel at the game. A couple jokes about tattoo's but that's about it.
    I seem to remember a team earlier this year that honored a coach on NDSU game day. I also remember well how it turned out!!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

The only thing that pisses me off about the Youngstown coach is that earlier in the year he predicted we lose. I can't remember against who....I want to say it was the SDSU game, but I was thinking....Would Bohl ever publically say a prediction? STFU and coach. We will run it down their throats tomorrow. The second half will be standard. We own the clock, we won't embarass them, but they will get run over. 28-10.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I haven't heard anyone even remotely offended they they are honoring Tressel at the game. A couple jokes about tattoo's but that's about it.
    Did anyone else have to search for what "Go soak your head" actually means or was it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    The only thing that pisses me off about the Youngstown coach is that earlier in the year he predicted we lose. I can't remember against who....I want to say it was the SDSU game, but I was thinking....Would Bohl ever publically say a prediction? STFU and coach. We will run it down their throats tomorrow. The second half will be standard. We own the clock, we won't embarass them, but they will get run over. 28-10.
    Ya, something about him irritates the hell out of me. Maybe it's that he seems to try to hard to talk like a coach rather than just being himself. Contrast that with Coach Bohl--"Whale of a game"!!!

Coach Bohl = real

Coach Wolford = fake/contrived
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    So, you're saying it would be a waste of time for me to soak my head before game time?

I had to laugh...McFeely said on Twitter that it was his column that prompted that comment from the YSU reporter.

I didn't realize he was a Bison fan...Could have fooled me!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    So, you're saying it would be a waste of time for me to soak my head before game time?
    You soaking your head would never be a waste of time, regardless of time or event!!

Ya, I ammuse myself at times.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    Did anyone else have to search for what "Go soak your head" actually means or was it just me?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...%20your%20head

Have to admit, I never followed the Tressel saga closely, but must admit, this is remarkable:

"On December 20, 2011 the NCAA placed Ohio State on an additional one year's probation and banned it from postseason play in 2012 for numerous major violations under Tressel's watch. It also imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game. The NCAA came down particularly hard on Tressel because he'd had four chances to tell the truth and failed to do so."

Provided by wikipedia, so I can't say for sure this is accurate, but it sure does not sound good....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Tressel

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Have to admit, I never followed the Tressel saga closely, but must admit, this is remarkable:

"On December 20, 2011 the NCAA placed Ohio State on an additional one year's probation and banned it from postseason play in 2012 for numerous major violations under Tressel's watch. It also imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game. The NCAA came down particularly hard on Tressel because he'd had four chances to tell the truth and failed to do so."

Provided by wikipedia, so I can't say for sure this is accurate, but it sure does not sound good....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Tressel
    Wasn't it also established after he left YSU that he cheated there as well, or is my memory not serving me right?!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO