Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Head injuries in football

Default Re: Head injuries in football

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Can someone direct me to the "head injuries in soccer" thread? I've heard that is actually a bigger problem. I wonder why there aren't Outside the Lines specials focusing on the awful aspects of that terrible game?
    And all this time I thought soccer was terrible because it was boring.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Can someone direct me to the "head injuries in soccer" thread? I've heard that is actually a bigger problem. I wonder why there aren't Outside the Lines specials focusing on the awful aspects of that terrible game?
    Not a thread but here you go. Turns out hitting your head repeatedly, with anything, even a soccer ball, is not good for your brain. Who knew?

http://www.latitudenews.com/story/li...amage-head-on/

I have read very little of this thread or any links that have been placed in it, but you have to be off your rocker if you think there's no chance of any brain injury in any sport, especially contact sports. That's like someone going into a fire fighting career and expecting to not get hot, inhale smoke, get wet, or get burned. The second you sign up for anything, you're acknowledging you're taking a risk to your body. Stop whining and play or get off the field.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I have read very little of this thread or any links that have been placed in it, but you have to be off your rocker if you think there's no chance of any brain injury in any sport, especially contact sports. That's like someone going into a fire fighting career and expecting to not get hot, inhale smoke, get wet, or get burned. The second you sign up for anything, you're acknowledging you're taking a risk to your body. Stop whining and play or get off the field.
    Exactly. This is just another example of people trying to make themselves feel better by "doing something".
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Default Re: Head injuries in sports

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I guess I missed the replies and/or claims stating that there is no chance of head injury while playing any sport, especially contact sports. I can't imagine anyone would make that claim, especially right now.

I started the thread because I heard the story of this kid dying and how unbelievably irresponsible the coaches were with dealing with an obvious concussion situation. Did the kid know football could cause a head injury? I'm assuming yes. That doesn't change the fact that those coaches, who are supposedly trained in recognizing concussions and their symptoms, failed miserably in looking out for the players health.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    I guess I missed the replies and/or claims stating that there is no chance of head injury while playing any sport, especially contact sports. I can't imagine anyone would make that claim, especially right now.

I started the thread because I heard the story of this kid dying and how unbelievably irresponsible the coaches were with dealing with an obvious concussion situation. Did the kid know football could cause a head injury? I'm assuming yes. That doesn't change the fact that those coaches, who are supposedly trained in recognizing concussions and their symptoms, failed miserably in looking out for the players health.
    I apologize for going off topic with it and that story is absolutely terrible. I've expressed many times I have never played the game but I do recognize that in any of the sports I have played the risk is always there. I guess I'm just tired of hearing people say sports aren't safe and them wanting someone to pay for what has happened despite the fact they knew it could happen all along.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.