Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Turner Soaring Up NFL Draft Boards...

Default Billy Turner Soaring Up NFL Draft Boards...

If there’s a prospect that sticks out to me from the scoring side it would be North Dakota State left tackle Billy Turner. The senior is building a buzz in the scouting community and getting rave reviews from NFL personnel people. After a tip from an insider I pulled out recent NDSU tapes (Kansas State game first and foremost) and now understand why many are excited about his play. Turner, a long, lean athlete who shows no stiffness in his game, looks markedly improved from last season. He’s a terrific run blocker who easily gets out to the second level and annihilates linebackers. What’s prominent on film is Turner’s athleticism and the way he works throughout the action, blocking with a nasty attitude and playing through the whistle. Some feel he’s a better athlete than former Hillsdale product Jared Veldheer, a three year starter with the Oakland Raiders. While Turner needs fine tuning of his footwork in pass protection consider this; he entered the season stamped as a street free agent yet many scouts now feel he’s top 75 material. Considering the success NFL teams have had with small school lineman around the league (Veldheer, Jahri Evans, Jermon Bushrod), expect Turner to be in play during the draft’s second day next May.
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=8181

Default Re: Billy Turner Soaring Up NFL Draft Boards...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

This guy also released the top 63 draft eligible QB's and did not list Brock

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=7995

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I had high hopes regarding Marcus Williams this season and I am a bit frustrated with the outcome
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I had high hopes regarding Marcus Williams this season and I am a bit frustrated with the outcome
    He has been pretty banged up this year compared to the previous three. It definitely will hurt his stock. But I still think he gets picked late.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Marcus has had a very good year despite some injuries. DraftInsiders.net isnt know for their f_c_s knowledge

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    This guy also released the top 63 draft eligible QB's and did not list Brock

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=7995
    Yeah I think he should be somewhere among on the top 63. I think some team will give him a look in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Marcus has had a very good year despite some injuries. DraftInsiders.net isnt know for their f_c_s knowledge
    Well the scout that posts an AGS is kind of down on Marcus right now. I really hope he can get healthy for the playoffs and have a solid stretch of play in the playoffs.

The one reason I posted this link that I saw thanks to a Bisonation.info retweet was because it reflects what I have been seeing more and more. People are really start take notice of Billy. This link just kind of put that into words nicely.

Well the scout that posts an AGS is kind of down on Marcus right now. I really hope he can get healthy for the playoffs and have a solid stretch of play in the playoffs.

The one reason I posted this link that I saw thanks to a Bisonation.info retweet was because it reflects what I have been seeing more and more. People are really start take notice of Billy. This link just kind of put that into words nicely.
    The alleged scout who posts on AGS is a dbag. He admitted his opinion was based on a terrible national championship game in which Marcus had 2 picks and as a team we kept them out of the endzone. For an expert he seemed to not understand the Tampa 2 sometimes allows short passes underneath but tightens in the redzone

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

A scout who posts on AGS? Doesn't pass the smell test.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    A scout who posts on AGS? Doesn't pass the smell test.
    that's what I was thinking!