Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Travis Beck's Toughness

Default Re: Travis Beck's Toughness

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Did Joe Toth play after you were there CAS? I can't quite remember but I thought he had some extra nice hits.
    Looks like Toth was at NDSU in the early 90's.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Beck to me seems to have almost one or two plays a game where your jaw just drops and hits the floor, like the superman dive he made at K ST, he didn't make the tackle but forced the qb to get out of the pocket. Then you have Heagle who even though he does not have big numbers like a traditional safety, he just seems to be in on damn near every play. I swear that it seems to me that if he isn't making the tackle he is withing 5 yards of it or in pursuit closing in. The guy just seems to always be right in /around the action every play. And it is rare that he gets caught out of position. He just might be the best run stopping safety in the FCS(and his tackle numbers might back that up). Plenty of other players who are not far behind him on instincts as well, Heagle is just one step above them is all so it seems.
    Good example, Georgia Southern playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Colten is all over the field. That hole defense is special....
    Did you just say there is a hole in the defense, I don't see it,lol.

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Yep, Toth was after me and Tony Monte. Very good skills/player. He went to Roughriders for a few years I believe. Raw, but talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Good example, Georgia Southern playoff game.
    Can't teach instincts! Beck and Heagle have more of that than Dudz, but Dudz has more natural ability IMO. Those are the things that make all 3 HOLers.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Thanks. I was thinking like '88.

People make a big deal about how many points we should win by. I like to win and everything but it's a bigger deal to me just watching how f---ing great these guys are. So much of what they can do is far beyond normal.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Can't teach instincts! Beck and Heagle have more of that than Dudz, but Dudz has more natural ability IMO. Those are the things that make all 3 HOLers.

Instincts and football smarts, the defense just seems to be loaded with them. My better half and I went to the Tenn Alabama game last weekend (I wore my NDSU shirt and the responses were unbelievable) and Tennessee's defense just seemed clueless. Out of position, lack of effort, yada yada yada. NDSU's defense IMO would have honestly done better and that is no joke. The group of guys behind us had some pretty decent knowledge of us (Bison). They asked me who was our stud defensive player was and my response was "all of them". I finally did give them a name..... Kyle Emanuel, and a few seconds later the 5 of them were cheering " Kyyyylllee Kyyyylllee (you get the picture, they had a few drinks at that point), well this guy behind them asked who the hell is Kyle and the guy responds he is a butt kicking pass rusher from NDSU and we should have recruited him. That receiver from Alabama had a field day, because the QB never got any pressure all game and picked them apart.

Toth was my neighbor 1990-1994 He was a BEAST much like T Beck.

I saw him jump out a 2nd story window and hit the ground running.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I remember after a couple of games that heagle played in his freshman year I told my wife he was going to be a great player for us as he was always right there in the action that GSo game was legendary! I will never forget that performance. Then next year he is out and they are able to make a game of it.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

2 people tell me travis Beck is done for year with Achilles rupture. Say it Ain't so...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?