Thread: Backup PG

Default Backup PG

Who is getting the backup PG minutes this season? Lindberg is serviceable at best and I don't know if he's healthy. Dupree is a true freshman and none of us know if he can play. I don't want Felt doing it (and nor should any of you) and having Braun play point when LA sits is not conducive to a flowing offense, which is something that NDSU already struggles with. Thoughts?
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Default Re: Backup PG

Lindberg is done with basketball. Dupree is not quite healthy yet, but he will probably be the guy.

533 In a row

With Dupree out my assumption on a depth chart at PG would be:

LA
    Braun as the Scottie Pippen fill in
    Newell
    Checkal

Anyone know better as this is just a guess? I don't see other options. Wow, that LA injury could have been devastating. Give Freddy some first half time tonight!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

LA led the team in minutes for a reason and that's not about to change, Dupree will most likely be his back-up when he gets healthy but I'm not sure what the timetable is on that. Braun will fill in for the 5-8 minutes a game LA won't play I would assume and with Brown, Felt & Tray able to play the 2 & 3 and Bjorklund, Kading & Aaberg able to play the 4 & 5 we should be fine for the time being but if we can't get Dupree or VandenBergh healthy soon Jacobson may not be left with an option to redshirt as we may need the depth.

Quote Originally Posted by herdmember View Post
    With Dupree out my assumption on a depth chart at PG would be:

LA
    Braun as the Scottie Pippen fill in
    Newell
    Checkal

Anyone know better as this is just a guess? I don't see other options. Wow, that LA injury could have been devastating. Give Freddy some first half time tonight!
    That would a no on Checkal, I don't see any scenario in where he would handle the point guard duties.

It will be LA and Braun for the time being. Once Dupree is up and running we will see where he fits in.

i would say mix between braun and brown until dupree is healthy. maybe a lil felt too