Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What does a new stadium do for the Program?

Default Re: What does a new stadium to the Program?

Why can't we just remove the corner pillars?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    One comment I'll add is it will likely take 2-3 years in a row of bad records to have a sell out impact as their are so many team makers without tickets who want them.
    Let's say 25,000 seat stadium. So we have 5,000 more in the stands. What else do we gain?

New Conference? Maybe maybe not.
    Recruiting? It seems that the fargodome and current gameday experience brings the kids in currently. Additionally, the recruits look at more of the overall athletic facilities, which are top notch. Friends daughter recently became a scholarship althelete on the ladies side. Toured, u of M, Michigan and Michigan State. Said NDSU right up there in terms of overall facilities. Whether she meant just ladies, I don't know, but with new BSA, track facility, Newman field. The facilities are good.

Money- Does a new stadium generate the program new revenue? Debateable. What does a new stadium cost versus revenue generated.

National Exposure- Stadium won't dicated that, on field success will.

So yes, there is a reason why I ask this question. What does a new stadium provide when you currently have one of the biggest home field advantages in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Let's say 25,000 seat stadium. So we have 5,000 more in the stands. What else do we gain?

Recruiting? It seems that the fargodome and current gameday experience brings the kids in currently. Additionally, the recruits look at more of the overall athletic facilities, which are top notch. Friends daughter recently became a scholarship althelete on the ladies side. Toured, u of M, Michigan and Michigan State. Said NDSU right up there in terms of overall facilities. Whether she meant just ladies, I don't know, but with new BSA, track facility, Newman field. The facilities are good.

Money- Does a new stadium generate the program new revenue? Debateable. What does a new stadium cost versus revenue generated.

So yes, there is a reason why I ask this question. What does a new stadium provide when you currently have one of the biggest home field advantages in the country.
    They would not build a new stadium to add that few seats.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Default Re: What does a new stadium do for the Program?

The dome has no club seats and a limited amount of suites(which are controlled by the dome). Those would be some new major revenue streams. The major problem with the dome is that it isn't NDSU's facility and you can't make changes easily to it so it is up to date.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: What does a new stadium do for the Program?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The dome has no club seats and a limited amount of suites(which are controlled by the dome). Those would be some new major revenue streams. The major problem with the dome is that it isn't NDSU's facility and you can't make changes easily to it so it is up to date.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
    You can but it would take some big time coordination. If we remember, NDSU was going to fund the basketball arena addition connected to the dome. The dome needs NDSU to be successful and NDSU can't build a bigger dome type stadium without help. So we really need each other. Would probably have to be a joint venture. They should be having discussions now before they do the addition (downtown or connected to the dome) because the timing would be key. Worst case they should be looking at a way to add a small amount of seats as part of the addition. (corners) Adding a small number like 2-4k would be a bandaid delaying the ultimate problem but it's needed. Might as well do it all at once. Of course funding would be an issue.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post

All really good points.

Recruiting- Yes we absolutely have one of the best stadiums in FCS and easily have the best game/stadium experience. But the building is aging. Not that it LOOKS that way- it really looks fantastic (I dare say it looks "Fabulous"), however, teams all around the country are expanding stadiums, renovating stadiums, building football facilities, unveiling plans for FUTURE expansions (ie: new stadium will hold X-thousand people. with ability to add an additional X-thousand seats in the future). Yes we currently have a simply incredibly atmosphere and an intimidating facility to go with it, but how long will having NO plan, and NO way to improve on that atmosphere keep us unanimously at the TOP of the recruiting pile as far as facilities, game day experience etc when every other program in the COUNTRY is thinking "How can we make our facilities better than NDSU's?"
    The point is- is that just because we currently have the best situation and are reaping major benefits from it, doesn't mean we shouldn't look ahead. Any good marketer knows that the best companies adapt rapidly to early signs of opportunity, and not waiting until our situation is a total disaster. We did that with the Dome in the first place, and I think its time to think about doing the same again.

I think there is alot to be said from a recruiting standpoint, that a program as stout as our own, with facilities near or at the top of the league, is looking forward for excellence- to not only MAINTAIN their market share but EXPAND it, IMPROVE their brand in every single aspect, REDEFINE the industry standard Pursue to be the BEST at our level, no matter what it is. It would most likely put a death clutch as far as recruiting goes- especially at this level. Does a new stadium, a good team make? No. (see "U of M Goophers). But it will ONLY help a good program like our own, to get the best players. We wouldn't just be the best team in the country with ONE of the best facilities, but THE best program in the country with hands-down, THE best facilities. It would certainly help from that aspect.

Revenue- I think it would certainly bring in new revenue with added seats, season ticket holders, team makers adding members from excitement of new stadium, box seats etc. I mean, I dont know how much precisely that would bring in, but it would certainly pay dividends down the road.

Just things to think about I suppose

Great. Now all you have to do is figure out how to pay for it.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    All really good points.

Recruiting- Yes we absolutely have one of the best stadiums in FCS and easily have the best game/stadium experience. But the building is aging. Not that it LOOKS that way- it really looks fantastic (I dare say it looks "Fabulous"), however, teams all around the country are expanding stadiums, renovating stadiums, building football facilities, unveiling plans for FUTURE expansions (ie: new stadium will hold X-thousand people. with ability to add an additional X-thousand seats in the future). Yes we currently have a simply incredibly atmosphere and an intimidating facility to go with it, but how long will having NO plan, and NO way to improve on that atmosphere keep us unanimously at the TOP of the recruiting pile as far as facilities, game day experience etc when every other program in the COUNTRY is thinking "How can we make our facilities better than NDSU's?"
    The point is- is that just because we currently have the best situation and are reaping major benefits from it, doesn't mean we shouldn't look ahead. Any good marketer knows that the best companies adapt rapidly to early signs of opportunity, and not waiting until our situation is a total disaster. We did that with the Dome in the first place, and I think its time to think about doing the same again.

I think there is alot to be said from a recruiting standpoint, that a program as stout as our own, with facilities near or at the top of the league, is looking forward for excellence- to not only MAINTAIN their market share but EXPAND it, IMPROVE their brand in every single aspect, REDEFINE the industry standard Pursue to be the BEST at our level, no matter what it is. It would most likely put a death clutch as far as recruiting goes- especially at this level. Does a new stadium, a good team make? No. (see "U of M Goophers). But it will ONLY help a good program like our own, to get the best players. We wouldn't just be the best team in the country with ONE of the best facilities, but THE best program in the country with hands-down, THE best facilities. It would certainly help from that aspect.

Revenue- I think it would certainly bring in new revenue with added seats, season ticket holders, team makers adding members from excitement of new stadium, box seats etc. I mean, I dont know how much precisely that would bring in, but it would certainly pay dividends down the road.

Just things to think about I suppose
    I agree completely. If we don't make a move, every year the competition will narrow the gap. Before you know it, we won't have the advantage we currently have. And based on our geography and climate , we need advantages. Youngstown has an INCREDIBLE indoor practice facility. SIU has a new stadium. Illinois State has a new stadium. SDSU is doing upgrades. The Undies are doing upgrades. If we don't expand the dome, at the very least we need to continue to upgrade out other facilities or improve the dome, whether that be new video boards, outdoor video boards, upgrading the locker room to something amazing, or you name it. Heck Nebraska's new locker room gives each player an ipad. Other teams will do it and that's tough to compete with. Adding corner seating would make a difference. It just sound better to have a 20,000 seat stadium than 18,700. Like Bohl said on Bison Feedback, your either green and growing or ripe and dying. He's spot on.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

If I don't have to pay for it I would love an awesome new stadium. Who wouldn't?

The Fargodome rocks because the team inside it rocks and that breeds excitement and interest. The Fargodome does not rock because it is a great facility.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I'm guessing like the past few years all the tickets will sell out again next year before the season starts. The better question would be what happens the season after NDSU has a 6-5 or 7-4 season. How many season ticket are sold, how fast do single game tickets sell, etc.
    Look at U. Mt. and App. State for the answer. Both have 25K stadiums and much smaller cities (Boone 17K, Missoula 67K). Do they sell out after poor seasons? Mt. State seems to be sold out after a very poor 2012 season. App. is having a disaster of a season and their stands looked relatively empty in recent photo I saw. I would say our fanbase is as deep and wide as any fanbase in FCS so my answer is yes we could weather a poor season.
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 11-06-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: wrong University cited