Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What does a new stadium do for the Program?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default What does a new stadium do for the Program?

Lakes actually started a good thread, but no traffic on Bisonation, so I will ask over here.

What would a new stadium do for the program?

Some thoughts. The obvious, more seats. But must weigh cost benefit.

Bigger concourses, better site lines (although Fargodome is pretty good), upgrades from a 1992 model to a 2015 model before completed if started today.

But other than that, what is gained?

Is moving to the Mountain West Conference a step up? I don't know. If being a top tier team in a middle of road to lower FBS conference better than top team status in FCS?

Just kicking around wondering what else comes with it.

Default Re: What does a new stadium to the Program?

Actually should read.

Left out the FOR>

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Actually should read.

Left out the FOR>
    Did you REALLY have to ask this question?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Moumtain west will never expand this far east. they saw the flaws of the wac and do not want to repeat it. The same people clamoring for mountain west were begging to join three wac. Sit back and think how fun it would be to be nmsu right now. MVC has positioned itself perfect for the next realignment shakeup.

Let it go........
    If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

I changed the thread title to be what kab1one wanted. Now maybe I should go proofread my own posts (seems like I've recently typed "legislature" instead of "legislator.")

I'm not sure what a new stadium would do except make it easier to get tickets. If NDSU ever goes to the FBS (which right now would be like building a really expensive vacation home on Atlantis just as the earth starts quaking), then the natural way to do it would be as part of an FBS MVFC after stuff shakes out. Schools are making the big money on TV deals anyway and, if MAC crowds are any indication, the FargoDome is plenty big.

Pretty sure that it is impossible to have better sight lines than the FargoDome, btw.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd say we see what happens the next few seasons with this amazing SR class gone before we talk about anything including FBS or a Stadium. What happens (WHAT IF SCENARIO) next season if the Bison have 2-3 losses going into November like this weekend? I doubt tickets would be quite as difficult to come by.

I'm guessing like the past few years all the tickets will sell out again next year before the season starts. The better question would be what happens the season after NDSU has a 6-5 or 7-4 season. How many season ticket are sold, how fast do single game tickets sell, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Did you REALLY have to ask this question?

Always love the brilliant insight provided. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I'm guessing like the past few years all the tickets will sell out again next year before the season starts. The better question would be what happens the season after NDSU has a 6-5 or 7-4 season. How many season ticket are sold, how fast do single game tickets sell, etc.
    One comment I'll add is it will likely take 2-3 years in a row of bad records to have a sell out impact as their are so many team makers without tickets who want them.