Thread: Playoff tickets 2013? What's the process?

Default Playoff tickets 2013? What's the process?

I searched through a few of gabe's many posts last year regarding playoff tickets, and I couldn't find a clear cut answer. There's nothing up yet on gobison.com. I figured that we're pretty much guaranteed at least one home playoff game, even if we drop the last three games in the regular season, so this should be a "safe" topic, even for superstitious folks.

So... can anyone explain what the process is to secure playoff tickets?

My best understanding is below:
    Once the initial playoff games are announced, a date is set for when the tickets will be available. Once that day/time comes, the initial options for securing tickets if you're not a season ticket holder are to call the ticket office and/or to use an online ordering system via gobison.com. Regardless of the method used, the tickets are likely to go fast, so one will probably need to be trying the second tickets are available.

Then, assuming we win and continue to play at home, each week the same process is repeated for each successive playoff game.

If I am unable to secure tickets this way, I'd be subject to the after-market options, potentially with significant markups from face value, right?

P.S. I watched the Bison play at TCF a couple years ago and watch or listen religiously each week, but I haven't been to a game in the Fargodome since 1996. I may finally have an opportunity to be in the Fargo area this playoff season for a game or two, and I don't want to miss my chance to experience the environment. It is obviously very different than back in '96!

Default Re: Playoff tickets 2013? What's the process?

The following is the press release for the first playoff game last season:

http://gobison.com/news/2011/11/20/1...?path=football

533 In a row

Each week a similar press release is posted on gobison.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I searched through a few of gabe's many posts last year regarding playoff tickets, and I couldn't find a clear cut answer. There's nothing up yet on gobison.com. I figured that we're pretty much guaranteed at least one home playoff game, even if we drop the last three games in the regular season, so this should be a "safe" topic, even for superstitious folks.

Once the initial playoff games are announced, a date is set for when the tickets will be available. Once that day/time comes, the initial options for securing tickets if you're not a season ticket holder are to call the ticket office and/or to use an online ordering system via gobison.com. Regardless of the method used, the tickets are likely to go fast, so one will probably need to be trying the second tickets are available.

Then, assuming we win and continue to play at home, each week the same process is repeated for each successive playoff game.

If I am unable to secure tickets this way, I'd be subject to the after-market options, potentially with significant markups from face value, right?

P.S. I watched the Bison play at TCF a couple years ago and watch or listen religiously each week, but I haven't been to a game in the Fargodome since 1996. I may finally have an opportunity to be in the Fargo area this playoff season for a game or two, and I don't want to miss my chance to experience the environment. It is obviously very different than back in '96!
    in a nutshell if you have season tickets you will have a short time to claim them for that particular playoff game.midweek any unclaimed season tickets that have not been purchased went on sale to the general public. Typically in the playoffs most of the good tickets are taken in there are very few leftover but if you're quick you can sometimes get some seats so you could not normally afford that have teamakers dos tied to them.also unclaimed student tickets go on sale to the general public

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

When we don't play in the opening round, the window for tickets is two weeks but the process is essentially the same.

Virtually all seats are held by season ticket holders with the exception of student tickets and those set aside for the opposing fans.

Season ticket holders automatically have their seat orders placed. They have a specific deadline for completing the order and paying for the tickets (Wednesday?).

The following day is when unclaimed ticket orders from the season ticket holders go on sale to the public (both online and at the Ticket office).

There is also a point where unsold student section tickets go on sale as well as any tickets returned by the opposition.

Finally, I believe they sell SRO tickets.

The specific information is readily available each week via the Gobison website. Dates do change if we end up playing on a Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    When we don't play in the opening round, the window for tickets is two weeks but the process is essentially the same.

Virtually all seats are held by season ticket holders with the exception of student tickets and those set aside for the opposing fans.

Season ticket holders automatically have their seat orders placed. They have a specific deadline for completing the order and paying for the tickets (Wednesday?).

The following day is when unclaimed ticket orders from the season ticket holders go on sale to the public (both online and at the Ticket office).

There is also a point where unsold student section tickets go on sale as well as any tickets returned by the opposition.

Finally, I believe they sell SRO tickets.

The specific information is readily available each week via the Gobison website. Dates do change if we end up playing on a Friday.
    Typically if we have a week 1 playoff bye, the give season ticket holders a week to pick them up. The pickup dates change. Last year GSA was only a few days to pick up

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

reserved tailgate passes are the same process as tickets FYI
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

But don't forget that the single game seats during regular season are completely up for grabs from what I understand.??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post

Once the initial playoff games are announced, a date is set for when the tickets will be available.Tickets become available to season ticket holders only on the Sunday following the last FCS Saturday football game week (this year is November 23rd so on November 24th season ticket holders get to start claiming their tickets, on bye weeks season ticket holders get until Saturday to claim them, on non bye weeks (and quarters and semis) it is 5pm Tuesday. Once that day/time comes, the initial options for securing tickets if you're not a season ticket holder are to call the ticket office and/or to use an online ordering system via gobison.com.www.gobison.com would be your best option unless the website completely tanks (has happened in the past) best method I've found is to refresh the page precisely when your cell phone clock ticks over to 8am (central time) Regardless of the method used, the tickets are likely to go fast, so one will probably need to be trying the second tickets are available. Yes they went within an hour or two last year for all the games, due to even more demand this year it could be less?

Then, assuming we win and continue to play at home, each week the same process is repeated for each successive playoff game. correct!

If I am unable to secure tickets this way, I'd be subject to the after-market options, potentially with significant markups from face value, right?correct again! but would check bisonville for options most here are pretty good at selling at face to other bison fans. or help you find someone selling tickets at face.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    But don't forget that the single game seats during regular season are completely up for grabs from what I understand.?????? Yes they are but I'm assuming this number is even less than was available last year due to the increase in season ticket holders... so there will be more people clamoring for less tickets this year I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Answered your "questions/statements in red" above added CAS just for extra information. The best thing to do is check go bison for information the sunday/saturday following the saturday/friday bison games or even saturday evening a few times. Another thing to watch out this year ESPN may request NDSU be shown on ESPN/ESPN2 which would mean a possible Friday night early saturday game.