Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison getting a little love from Cat fans

Default Re: Bison getting a little love from Cat fans

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post

What does everyone else think?
    It's a fun hypothetical. Wouldn't take anything outside of a new years day (or equivalent now that there are a couple decent pre Jan 1 bowls and at least one crappy Jan 1 bowl).

Not saying I know we'd win a middling bowl, but I know we can hang with those teams and wouldn't care much to trade the playoffs for it. But a Jan 1 bowl, against a top 3-4 team from an AQ conference? Would take that in a heartbeat. And about 45,000 Bison fans would be there with me.

What's the payout from the lowest bowl compared to playing in the tournament

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    What's the payout from the lowest bowl compared to playing in the tournament

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    The lowest bowls we actually have to pay to get in. They are basically paid exposure

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I think it was Dennis Dodds who said today there will be 39 bowl games next year. He did some math and there will be several bowls featuring 5-win teams.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I think it was Dennis Dodds who said today there will be 39 bowl games next year. He did some math and there will be several bowls featuring 5-win teams.
    So UN_ might get some post season.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

sure singing a different tune now:

I still say the North Dakota State loss isn't as bad as everyone seems to think. That's a team on its way to winning a National Title... again. They're a veteran club and they played us at the start of the season when we were starting a bunch of new players on the defense, a new fullback, and TWO quarterbacks with little experience in our system.

We were going in struggle this year, and anyone who didn't see it coming is crazy

Kat fans before game kept saying "Defending Big XII champs". "Youre FCS for a reason!" Saying theres no way they would lose to us. Some did admit they thought it would be a close game though, but still now they say they saw it coming?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Kat fans before game kept saying "Defending Big XII champs". "Youre FCS for a reason!" Saying theres no way they would lose to us. Some did admit they thought it would be a close game though, but still now they say they saw it coming?[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Let me know if you find any individuals changing their tune. I suspect it is mostly the difference between some vocal fans before the game was played and other fans (who truly were aware of the possibility of loss) trying to cheer up their fan base now.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Let me know if you find any individuals changing their tune. I suspect it is mostly the difference between some vocal fans before the game was played and other fans (who truly were aware of the possibility of loss) trying to cheer up their fan base now.
    meh i guarantee there were 0 on that site and any of the places I read (EMAW, Twitter) that actually thought they would lose.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Deloss is too old and senile to know whats going on.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like the Gameday sign said, "Bowls are for Cereal!".

Champions are determined by playoffs.