Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: When They Were Kings

Default Re: When They Were Kings

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    You're right. They came, patted us on the head, gave us our treat for sitting nicely, and went on their merry way. Again, only previously interested parties cared, and unless gameday is coming every year we aren't even reaching that natural audience in full every year. Good lord, do you really think there is some detached national groundswell of interest in Bison football now? Just like after the MN and KU wins? When...nobody but us cared. Unless you think they plan on making Fargo an annual stop. Nobody is that naive though, right?
    I now see my error. My apologies for trying to enter in dialogue with you.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

You're right. They came, patted us on the head, gave us our treat for sitting nicely, and went on their merry way. Again, only previously interested parties cared, and unless gameday is coming every year we aren't even reaching that natural audience in full every year. Good lord, do you really think there is some detached national groundswell of interest in Bison football now? Just like after the MN and KU wins? When...nobody but us cared. Unless you think they plan on making Fargo an annual stop. Nobody is that naive though, right? And you probably believe them when national media like that say how much they love Fargo and that they'd gladly move there with their families if not for work or whatever. I guess that floats a lot of boats in FM, but it's the same thing they say to everyone. It's their job.
    Well, that's better than the national publicity we got from playing UND - which amounted to the Herald putting stuff like "Racist Bison Fans Shout Sioux Suck" on the AP wire almost every year.

I don't think that the Bison-UND game is a public service or part of NDSU's mission, but if it is, NDSU should be compensated because NDSU will get pilloried if the athletic department loses more money than UND in a given year.

If you really want the game, the solution is simple: UND works to join the MVFC and Summit. Then you not only get an annual football game but match ups in all sports.

Anybody know what the TV ratings are for Bison games in North Dakota?

And all I did was announce the availability of the documentary.
    What if I announced Farley was going to be the next UND coach???
    2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 National FCS Champions.

Eight is Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, that's better than the national publicity we got from playing UND - which amounted to the Herald putting stuff like "Racist Bison Fans Shout Sioux Suck" on the AP wire almost every year.

I don't think that the Bison-UND game is a public service or part of NDSU's mission, but if it is, NDSU should be compensated because NDSU will get pilloried if the athletic department loses more money than UND in a given year.

If you really want the game, the solution is simple: UND works to join the MVFC and Summit. Then you not only get an annual football game but match ups in all sports.

Anybody know what the TV ratings are for Bison games in North Dakota?
    Alright Tony! That's how you stick it to 'em! I mean I agree. Simple solution, hard to follow through on. I guess that's where this debate gets spun back to "if they only came with us"...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

You're right. They came, patted us on the head, gave us our treat for sitting nicely, and went on their merry way. Again, only previously interested parties cared, and unless gameday is coming every year we aren't even reaching that natural audience in full every year. Good lord, do you really think there is some detached national groundswell of interest in Bison football now? Just like after the MN and KU wins? When...nobody but us cared. Unless you think they plan on making Fargo an annual stop. Nobody is that naive though, right?
    I disagree with your assessment. Reference the amount of national media attention the Bison and NDSU have received this year. If you need something to compare it to, the last time NDSU played un_, there would have been overwhelming excitement if the NDSU score would have appeared on the ESPN ticker. Even the aftermath of beating the Gophers looked like a general "meh" from the genpop. This year is different. The rest of FCS would probably give their collective left nut to get that kind of exposure. un_ desperately craves any kind of attention, and if you don't think they flat out need a piece of what NDSU has to springboard their relevancy, I'm not sure what I can do to convince you.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I'll take an ESPN "pat on the head" any day, those shows reach a lot of high school players/parents/coaches. I have heard/read stories about players/parents/coaches that were impressed by NDSU after games were played against their FBS teams (even coaches from the other teams ie KSU coach). Those same players/parents/coaches knew nothing or very little about NDSU before hand. And, how would playing UN__ somehow be better than FBS games or an ESPN Gameday broadcast from Fargo?
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Man if some of you guys want to see un_ play so bad just go ahead and buy a season ticket there are plenty of seat available. Maybe instead of a yard sign you get a ride in the Helmet cart.
    Last edited by Rockbear99; 11-22-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    The rest of FCS would probably give their collective left nut to get that kind of exposure.
    In Bisonville-ese, that kind of exposure would be referred to as a "Half-Jemison"?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    In Bisonville-ese, that kind of exposure would be referred to as a "Half-Jemison"?
    Or, 1.5 AG!
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    You're full of Mussman.*

*I was gonna purple it, but then I realized, why?
    Last edited by TransAmBison; 11-21-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Added thoughts to myself...thought I would enlighten teh ville of Bison.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]