Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: When They Were Kings

Default Re: When They Were Kings

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Who cares about hockey?
    Unless it is Bulldog hockey who actually understand the concept of not choking in the NCAA's.....

Watching this again was awesome. It's funny how when they highlight NDSU football, they talk about consistantly blowing out UN_ and talk about winning 8 national championship. When they highlight UN_ football, they highlight finially winning after a 12 game losing streak, winning 1 title and have a really good record against NDSU for a 12 year stretch. Pretty easy to see which program has been more successful. Although, UN_ fans will just point to the overall record as proof that they have been better then the Bison.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Watching this again was awesome. It's funny how when they highlight NDSU football, they talk about consistantly blowing out UN_ and talk about winning 8 national championship. When they highlight UN_ football, they highlight finially winning after a 12 game losing streak, winning 1 title and have a really good record against NDSU for a 12 year stretch. Pretty easy to see which program has been more successful. Although, UN_ fans will just point to the overall record as proof that they have been better then the Bison.
    The definitive question is would you trade? Would you trade 10 (and counting) national championships for winning the last Nickel game and for a bunch of wins before the 60's? Any realistic observer on either side knows this isn't an argument even worth starting.
    Van Club - Secretary of Agriculture (Barley & hops expert)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardite View Post
    The definitive question is would you trade? Would you trade 10 (and counting) national championships for winning the last Nickel game and for a bunch of wins before the 60's? Any realistic observer on either side knows this isn't an argument even worth starting.

Of course I wouldn't. But every UN_ fan would tell you we're delusional for wanting to win championships in a "non true" division 1 title.

Man they must have their heads higher up their ass than any politician known to man.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Of course I wouldn't. But every UN_ fan would tell you we're delusional for wanting to win championships in a "non true" division 1 title.

Man they must have their heads higher up their ass than any politician known to man.
    I actually don't think that's true. Most of their fans understand what's going on. Of course, most of their fans have become our fans for football, which is another story altogether. They have some pot-stirrers on the internet, but they're in the minority, I think.
    Van Club - Secretary of Agriculture (Barley & hops expert)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardite View Post
    I actually don't think that's true. Most of their fans understand what's going on. Of course, most of their fans have become our fans for football, which is another story altogether. They have some pot-stirrers on the internet, but they're in the minority, I think.
    I was just told this yesterday. "How do you enjoy winning titles not in the highest division of your sport? We at least win in true D1 hockey."

He wasn't very happy when I pointed out how there is almost an even distribution between DI and DII schools in DI. It's pretty cool when they are beating the Texas's and USC's of the world in the almighty DI hockey!

Oh...wait.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    I was just told this yesterday. "How do you enjoy winning titles not in the highest division of your sport? We at least win in true D1 hockey."

He wasn't very happy when I pointed out how there is almost an even distribution between DI and DII schools in DI. It's pretty cool when they are beating the Texas's and USC's of the world in the almighty DI hockey!

Oh...wait.
    I always go back to the fact they either have to choose a sport NDSU doesn't play in order to win a championship or wait for NDSU to leave before they can win one. Then, they go to the H2H record and "we have the Nickel" and I say our H2H comparison is 10>1 and the only trophies that matter today are the ones with footballs on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    I always go back to the fact they either have to choose a sport NDSU doesn't play in order to win a championship or wait for NDSU to leave before they can win one. Then, they go to the H2H record and "we have the Nickel" and I say our H2H comparison is 10>1 and the only trophies that matter today are the ones with footballs on the top.
    Umm..huh? I thought the two schools were in the same division when UND won the football in 2001 and the women's BB in the late 90's? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbombTurk View Post
    Umm..huh? I thought the two schools were in the same division when UND won the football in 2001 and the women's BB in the late 90's? I'm confused.
    Are you sure UND won in 2001? As I recall, the sideline passes read "North Dakota State University".
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Here's common conversation with one of the few UN_ football fans I know:

Him: Bison suck at football.
    Me: Right...10>1
    Him: But who has the Nickel and the better head-to-head record?
    Me: UN_ does, but I'd rather win NCs
    Him: Whatever, that doesn't mean shit. UN_ has dominated NDSU on teh field
    Me: Ok...I guess you agree that Minnesota is the better hockey program.
    Him: No F'n way! We have 7 NC and they only have 5
    Me: But they have a better head-to-head record
    Him: That doesn't matter...
    Me: Oh really now?
    Him: Shut up...NDSU sucks.
    Me: (laughing) Keep telling yourself that
    Him: F' you
    Me: 10>1
    Him: Whatever...You're stupid
    Me: Ok
    Him: ....
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.