Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: When They Were Kings

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When They Were Kings

We should have played this year, Moorhead Stated them and then maybe they would have shut up for 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    Assuming this was meant to be in purple, it is the perfect summary of the "don't play UND'' crowd.

Bison Athletics-Proud of our history, except when it is temporarily inconvenient!
    Abso-freaking-lutely correct my friend. It seems the people who dont want to Play UND, also dont want to move up to the next level... unless its convenient for arguments sake.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Did Rich Glas do much? I don't remember him doing anything. Porstachio was more like the crazy drunk uncle in the background. I didn't think anybody paid him any attention.
    Actually, Glas was the only UND guy in the whole debacle who seemed honest.

Steve Hallstrom straight out asked him something along the lines of "Did UND stop scheduling NDSU to punish the Bison?" To which Glas "Basically, yes."

I can't even blame Kupchella for stopping the rivalry. Under his leadership or lack thereof, the athletic department was almost completely autonomous - not just from his office but of the entire university. Hmm, maybe I was too hard on him back then. Perhaps if he had any control, UND would still be D2 which would mean that all his anti-DI stuff was honestly put forth - it's just that he was too weak a leader to do much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    We should have played this year, Moorhead Stated them and then maybe they would have shut up for 20 years.
    Hey we can still meet in the playoffs. Oh yeah nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    So are you saying we should schedule all the old NCC teams we used to play for OOC games as well because those are part of our history??? Should we expand the schedule to play all 52 weeks so we can rotate playing every team we've ever played on a rotation? At some point, you must move on. Everyone else has, including UN_ and NDSU.
    Yup. thats precisely what we are saying... First of all, I'm really disappointed the anti-UNDers have to resort to shoving words into or mouths to make their arguments more relevant. We never said anything about the NCC... We are, and have always, only wanted to renew one of the single oldest football rivalries in the history of football, with a school that is 70 miles away and are obvious, regional, academic and athletic rivals. Dont make things up to justify your argument.

Secondly, if everyone has truly moved on, NO ONE would be talking about this, much less multiple times every month. If you've moved on you wouldn't hate UND. You wouldn't call them "UN_", the "Whioux" or whatever, you wouldn't argue tooth and nail with people who disagree with you, and you certainly wouldn't create a childish argument to combat legitimate points brought up by opposing opinions. All of these things are incredible evidence to suggest that you have specifically NOT moved on.... If you had, you just wouldn't care and wouldn't comment on petty arguments like these...

If you break up with a girlfriend and constantly think of how bad she treated you, how stupid she was, how worthless she was, and totally chew out people who think shes cool or attractive, or a good person- that means you have NOT moved on. It is literally no different. to say that you've all moved on, then you just wouldn't care at all. You wouldn't think about her, you wouldn't hate her, you just would not care... but you do...

Do we NEED them? probably not.
    Do they NEED us? probably
    Do they have a lot more to gain by playing us? absolutely
    Would we have to reorganize our schedules on a yearly or bi-annual basis? yes
    Would we have to sacrifice 1/6, or 1/8 (including playoffs) of our game ticket revenue?- Yes. Probably every other year
    Would our fans have to drive 70 miles to see this game? yes
    Would our students drive 70 miles to see this game? yes
    Does the state have a lot to gain by renewing the rivalry? yes
    Is there a young generation of fans who hate UND? yes
    Is there a young generation of fans who have no Idea why we're not playing? yes
    Is there a young generation of fans who want to play UND in football? Yes (do not even pretend this isnt true)
    Is it childish and immature and irrational that we are so adamantly opposed to playing them today and to show hostility to those who disagree? ......absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Yup. thats precisely what we are saying... First of all, I'm really disappointed the anti-UNDers have to resort to shoving words into or mouths to make their arguments more relevant. We never said anything about the NCC... We are, and have always, only wanted to renew one of the single oldest football rivalries in the history of football, with a school that is 70 miles away and are obvious, regional, academic and athletic rivals. Dont make things up to justify your argument.

Secondly, if everyone has truly moved on, NO ONE would be talking about this, much less multiple times every month. If you've moved on you wouldn't hate UND. You wouldn't call them "UN_", the "Whioux" or whatever, you wouldn't argue tooth and nail with people who disagree with you, and you certainly wouldn't create a childish argument to combat legitimate points brought up by opposing opinions. All of these things are incredible evidence to suggest that you have specifically NOT moved on.... If you had, you just wouldn't care and wouldn't comment on petty arguments like these...

If you break up with a girlfriend and constantly think of how bad she treated you, how stupid she was, how worthless she was, and totally chew out people who think shes cool or attractive, or a good person- that means you have NOT moved on. It is literally no different. to say that you've all moved on, then you just wouldn't care at all. You wouldn't think about her, you wouldn't hate her, you just would not care... but you do...

Would we have to sacrifice 1/6, or 1/8 (including playoffs) of our game ticket revenue?- Yes. Probably every other year
    Is there a young generation of fans who want to play UND in football? Yes (do not even pretend this isnt true)
    Is it childish and immature and irrational that we are so adamantly opposed to playing them today and to show hostility to those who disagree? ......absolutely

I cant believe this---but I have to admit that I agree with you on this. (even though you dress funny)
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I am one of the crowd of which you speak. I never said Ive moved on. Not even sure what that means. When you break up with a girlfriend...you remember the bad things so you don't make the same mistakes again.

What does NDSU get out of playing them? Nothing. We get nothing. Its lose/lose. And having to give them money to play???? grrrrrr...don't even get me started.

Define hostility? Arguing about something on a message board? or has someone thrown a brick with a nasty message through your window or something?

I just hate UN_. They suck. Its a fact. Its Science.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I am one of the crowd of which you speak. I never said Ive moved on. Not even sure what that means. When you break up with a girlfriend...you remember the bad things so you don't make the same mistakes again.

What does NDSU get out of playing them? Nothing. We get nothing. Its lose/lose. And having to give them money to play???? grrrrrr...don't even get me started.

Define hostility? Arguing about something on a message board? or has someone thrown a brick with a nasty message through your window or something?

I just hate UN_. They suck. Its a fact. Its Science.
    Then play them and beat the shit out of them. Just think of the therapeutic value.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

So after all of that, you've yet to prove a point on how this benefits NDSU in anyway. I discuss this because I'm a rube and I have nothing else to do... If nobody talked about it, either would I.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    So after all of that, you've yet to prove a point on how this benefits NDSU in anyway.
    Exactly. They complain about getting push back, but never address this point.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]