Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: When They Were Kings

Default Re: When They Were Kings

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Can this thread and UN_ just go away!
    If this thread goes away, someone will just start another one. Right now, we simply tolerate the discussion until the butthurt takes over and this one will die a slow and natural death. Of course, in six months some journalist or neglected fan will have an epiphany and a new thread will take its place.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Seeing as all you guys who want to play the game are wrong. Lets get this thread back on track. Thread drift is intolerable on Bisonville.

Just finally watched the "When They Were Kings" video. Great stuff. I have to be honest....My favorite part was the basketball stuff. Amy Ruley is/was amazing. All the championships, the streak. But 29 years? wow. I guess I didnt realize that. As a girls basketball coach...I can only hope to have that longevity and a shred of that success.

Love how Rocky refuses to say their name. 'That team in Green and White". Just love that.

Maybe a stupid question, but did it look like Bentrim's right eye was a little dark?

Also...just like Christopher Walken needed more cowbell....this movie needed more CAS.
    PL and I wouldnt know. Maybe someday we can watch it also.

If NDSU football is no longer king, what is it now? Emperor?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    If NDSU football is no longer king, what is it now? Emperor?
    Yes.

"In the shade of the mountains, they said Montana...would never be conquered."
    "In the land of garage door paint banners, they said UNI would never be humbled."
    "In the land of the Alamo, they said Sam Houston's O would never be tamed. Now they say nothing. They fear 'SU like a force of nature...."

Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Yes.

"In the land of garage door paint banners, they said UNI would never be humbled."
    "In the land of the Alamo, they said Sam Houston's O would never be tamed. Now they say nothing. They fear 'SU like a force of nature...."

I wish that I could rep this post twice.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Yes.

Hahahah wow, hilarious!

After all these years, I finally sat and watched this. It was so well done. Hearing Eddies calls and all the great interviews with Rocky, Roger Thomas, Amy Ruley, Gene R. made it so good. I have to admit, the women's bball stuff may be the best part of the show and man were they fun to watch! Oh, that CAS guy was okay too.....

BTW, freely available on youtube for any who have not seen it.

PS, I will go to my grave thinking Jeff Bentrim was one of the most gifted college football players I have ever seen.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    After all these years, I finally sat and watched this. It was so well done. Hearing Eddies calls and all the great interviews with Rocky, Roger Thomas, Amy Ruley, Gene R. made it so good. I have to admit, the women's bball stuff may be the best part of the show and man were they fun to watch! Oh, that CAS guy was okay too.....

BTW, freely available on youtube for any who have not seen it.

PS, I will go to my grave thinking Jeff Bentrim was one of the most gifted college football players I have ever seen.
    Agreed. Benny is my all-time favorite Bison. And that will never ever change.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

One other comment; they did a good job of talking about how scholarship cuts were a big reason for the demise of the Bison dynasty and D2 football as a whole. But old RT was his is typical smug self and acted like he can't understand that......still don't like that guy.

NDSU and UND football are not and were not comparable... it's like making a documentary called "When They Were The Greatest" about Muhammad Ali and Trevor Berbick. There was only one King in D2 football, just like there is only one king in FCS football.

In WBB, at least they were pretty much equals.