Sorry for the delay, I've been traveling a lot lately.

Getting stats in the app would be high on my list, but it will take some time. I basically have to implement the same infrastructure that ESPN\GameCast uses on their server. It is an understatement to say that is complicated. Once I have a backend that implements the right protocols, then I can impersonate ESPN and NDSU can send me their stats (they just add me as an additional target for their stats upload software). In all honesty I'm not sure this can be done for this year, though I am going to be working on it.

Media streaming is also complex. It also requires getting approval from multiple parties. I haven't even brought this topic up with NDSU guys yet, but I can imagine that they would want me to stream from NDSU AllAccess. I know that their are other sources, but there are business reasons why it makes sense to use AllAccess (ability to up-sell to video, etc..). But the All-Access stuff is intertwined into their Sidearm website. I think it is highly unlikely this will happen for this year.

The Blue vs Red pins topic...

Blue pins represent users that have used the app this week, but have not checked in. (The phone software has to contact my server every time a screen is shown to get the content, I know when a phone is making requests). The location is "fuzzed" before it is sent up (randomized to a roughly one mile radius) and I don't have a name. So it is "Anonymous". Even if I did have access to the name you entered in the software, there no requirement that you enter your real name anyway. The sampling happens every couple of days, it a very low priority task and I "piggy back" the transmission with another call to the server, so their is no extra overhead.

The Red pins represent users that have checked in. The act of checking in is, by nature, a desire for the user to let people know they are doing something. So I have names for those cases. The location is also generally randomized slightly for many types of check ins (At Home), etc.. But things like Tailgating is not (so people can find you). I originally didn't do any randomizing of location for check ins and I'm slowly backing off and adding some randomization.

Game Scores:
I'm leery to add more games until I see how well we can sustain the amount we currently have. Remember that I rely on users to update the scores. I don't have access to some magic API to pull them down. (Folks like ESPN who have the score information want to force people to use their website\apps so they can sell advertising and make money).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestions!