Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Willie Fritz to Georgia Southern

Default Willie Fritz to Georgia Southern

Willie Fritz will be leaving Sam Houston to take the head coaching job at Georgia Southern.

Default Re: Willie Fritz to Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by bison93 View Post
    Willie Fritz will be leaving Sam Houston to take the head coaching job at Georgia Southern.
    I just dont see him there. Good luck to GSU.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Wow, did not expect this. The gsu program had clearly defined itself as a triple option school, fritz runs a spread option. I bet the fans are thrilled

I agree will PL, fritz doesn't seem to fit this hire. He feasted on some fbs transfers at shsu but this is the top level now (sort of)

Probably the best news the Big Sky conference has heard in the past few years...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Probably the best news the Big Sky conference has heard in the past few years...
    My thoughts exactly. They might get a team or two through in the playoffs now.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Wow, did not expect this. The gsu program had clearly defined itself as a triple option school, fritz runs a spread option. I bet the fans are thrilled

I agree will PL, fritz doesn't seem to fit this hire. He feasted on some fbs transfers at shsu but this is the top level now (sort of)
    I predict Fritz will be fired in 3 years and GSU will hire a triple option guy. History repeats itself?
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I predict Fritz will be fired in 3 years and GSU will hire a triple option guy. History repeats itself?
    I get that feeling. Shsu seemed to liked spread runs and play action behind a big line. Gsu ran quick hitters behind cut blocks. Oh, and the gsu QBs weren't exactly recruited to throw. But then again I'm sure they have a pretty talented roster

3 years? You really think they give him that long?

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Start shaking the Paul Johnson tree...again.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think this is actually kinda an interesting hire. The blocking schemes are different but both offenses are run oriented. It will be interesting to see if Fritz uses some creativity and just adds things to the GA southern 3option or overhauls everything. I don't doubt for a minute that the Ga So roster already has the athleticism to incorporate more passing. I thought their wr actually seemed pretty athletic and capable. I always wondered why they wasted their skills playing in that lame offense (by lame I mean boring not ineffective). Should be interesting to see how this pans out.