Page 94 of 455 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

I'll never understand the homerism on this board. Folks saying Stick is better than Beathard is one of my favorite examples. It is like they didn't even watch the Iowa/NDSU game, or blocked out when he carved up the NDSU defense. I am sure same folks think Illies is better than Goedert. I mean, how many TD's did he get this last week, and Goedert must have been lucky versus NDSU.

Clue to folks; it is okay to admit a player on another team is better than a Bison. It really is okay. No shame in it.

With all this said, Stick is as good as Jensen; how did that turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'll never understand the homerism on this board. Folks saying Stick is better than Beathard is one of my favorite examples. It is like they didn't even watch the Iowa/NDSU game, or blocked out when he carved up the NDSU defense. I am sure same folks think Illies is better than Goedert. I mean, how many TD's did he get this last week, and Goedert must have been lucky versus NDSU.

Clue to folks; it is okay to admit a player on another team is better than a Bison. It really is okay. No shame in it.

With all this said, Stick is as good as Jensen; how did that turn out?
    Beathard's not that good. He's a prime example of a P5 QB getting a shot in the NFL based on nothing more than where he went.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Beathard's not that good. He's a prime example of a P5 QB getting a shot in the NFL based on nothing more than where he went.
    You are welcome to your opinion if you answer this question:

Is Illies is better than Goedert? Yes or no.

Are you referring to the same Iowa team that NDSU would have beaten by 30+ if the game would have been 5 quarters instead of 4? The last 15 minutes of that game was an NDSU track meet. Iowa didn't possess the ball long enough in that game for Dan Marino to dominate!!!!

Goedert is a better boxer from what I've seen.

See!!!!! I can compliment opposing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Goedert is a better boxer from what I've seen.

See!!!!! I can compliment opposing players.
    Ha, ha. Bison 4 Life's silence is deafening....

This is a hard comparison to make. They're used in very different offenses. I think if you put Illies in for Goedert with as many years as he has had with Christian, and if the two get the same level of trust - possibly. But they aren't, and you can't. Illies doesn't get the same level of use, and doesn't have the same level of receiver that teams have to cover like Wineke. That doesn't mean that Goedert isn't very good. But he's not very good in a vaccuum. He is very good in an offense that goes out of its way to make every use of him.

In a perfect world, NDSU would like to swap in Wentz, Illies, and any other TE, and they'd all be able to do just about everything. The truth is they don't and can't - but that's the mentality they want to reach. "Whomever I can put on the field can perform to the standard."

You take Goedert out of that game against SDSU and it becomes a different game. SDSU *can't* swap someone in for Goedart because they don't have anyone else that can do what he does. But, they didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    This is a hard comparison to make. They're used in very different offenses. I think if you put Illies in for Goedert with as many years as he has had with Christian, and if the two get the same level of trust - possibly. But they aren't, and you can't. Illies doesn't get the same level of use, and doesn't have the same level of receiver that teams have to cover like Wineke. That doesn't mean that Goedert isn't very good. But he's not very good in a vaccuum. He is very good in an offense that goes out of its way to make every use of him.

In a perfect world, NDSU would like to swap in Wentz, Illies, and any other TE, and they'd all be able to do just about everything. The truth is they don't and can't - but that's the mentality they want to reach. "Whomever I can put on the field can perform to the standard."

You take Goedert out of that game against SDSU and it becomes a different game. SDSU *can't* swap someone in for Goedart because they don't have anyone else that can do what he does. But, they didn't have to.
    Come on now... this is just silly. Goedert is a 260 lb TE who moves like a 200 lb WR. They run a ton of screens to him, they run him out of the wildcat... that's not how SDSU (or anyone) traditionally utilizes a TE. There's a reason he's projected as the #1 TE in the 2018 draft right now and it's not the SDSU system. Illies could put up much better numbers in a more passing centric offense since he is a very good receiving TE for this level but he's not Goedert. Not even close.

Hypothetically: If C J Beathard and Stick would compete at the NFL combine side by side, Stick would go ahead of Beathard in the draft. Neither one is a starting NFL QB but one would outshine the other I would bet on that! YOU know, CJ Beatheard, Bob Beathard's Nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Hypothetically: If C J Beathard and Stick would compete at the NFL combine side by side, Stick would go ahead of Beathard in the draft. Neither one is a starting NFL QB but one would outshine the other I would bet on that! YOU know, CJ Beatheard, Bob Beathard's Nephew.
    Is Goedert better than Illies?