Page 81 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Whatever, like I said. We don't deserve nice things.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    maybe not at a redshirt freshman?
    Good point, I mean Klieman didn't say that Wentz was the best QB they faced all year or anything. As a true freshman.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the Bison were plenty comfortable with Wentz even as a Redshirt based on Kleimans comments that he was the best QB they faced all year.

Brock's and Easton's problems are very similar in that they are mentally processing stuff a split second slow. This is causing late throws. Both struggled with throwing over the middle to the TE's.

However, as I said during Brocks sophomore and Junior years our OC needs to help Easton out with more true West Coast offense plays such as easy throws to RBs out of the backfield. These are quasi running plays anyway and get the ball in the hands of our most athletic players early. Also RUN THE BALL.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Good point, I mean Klieman didn't say that Wentz was the best QB they faced all year or anything. As a true freshman.
    a. it was just a guess
    b. coaches are hyperbolic some times.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd rather run the ball 30-40 times just to see if the other team can stop us.

That way we can complain about why we didn't pass the ball

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I'd rather run the ball 30-40 times just to see if the other team can stop us.

That way we can complain about why we didn't pass the ball

No purple needed because that is exactly what Bisonville would do.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wait, so now we weren't happy with Carson Wentz as a backup? Lol d'ohk. I've heard it all in this thread now.
    Nobody said we weren't happy with Carson being the backup and the decisions to protect Brock go beyond Carson as the #2. Here's the quarterback depth chart in 2012:

1. Jensen, Jr
    2. Wentz, rFr
    3. McGinnis, Fr
    4. Thorton (LB), So.

Now, at that time in history, how comfortable do you suppose the coaches were with the depth and experience of our backup QB's for a team that just won a national championship and was in a great position to win a 2nd? Our backup quarterbacks had thrown a total of 10 attempted passes heading into that season and they were all thrown by a kid moved to linebacker. All I'm saying is the coaches were thinking national championship and the odds of that happening with Brock going down dropped significantly, even with Carson as the #2.

And now we are in a similar situation with our #2 being a rFr with Davis being hurt. If Davis is healthy, I'd bet we'd see a lot more Easton running and even him being featured in power runs. Not going to happen until Davis is 100% healthy.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carson had a pretty big run in the GA Southern game that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    a. it was just a guess
    b. coaches are hyperbolic some times.
    Hyperbolic - even as he still remembers/repeats that comment today?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wait, so now we weren't happy with Carson Wentz as a backup? Lol d'ohk. I've heard it all in this thread now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    lol, i just responded the same thing..my god people are stupid
    Yep, you guys are right. You only need to be concerned with the two deep at any given position. We should hire the two of you to recruit and coach so we'd have a program on par with the Fawkers. My god people are stupid.

Here, let me clearly spell it out for the two of you: backup situation ≠ Carson Wentz
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck