Page 63 of 455 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick: Best Freshman QB at NDSU ever?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I think its unfair to compare Easton to our past QBs. I mean come on, Wentz is just his own thing. However, Easton I think does a fantastic job and has definitely come in to fill some pretty big shoes. Which is has MORE than done. Kid can throw, run, pretty smart on the fly. His stats aren't mind blowing, but neither were Carson's. What matters to him is winning, not raking up passing yards etc. Think he only has room to go up in my book.
    I agree. Last year, with all the "Wentz vs Stick" talk, I said that Easton doesn't have to be as good as Carson - he has to be good enough to win. And he has shown us - 12 times in a row so far! - that he IS good enough to win.

I appreciate two things most about him: his confidence under pressure, and his attitude. He was voted a captain as a sophomore (on a team with a lot of great leaders), which tells me that he is well respected by his teammates. He works hard, he is not a grandstander, he plays for and gives credit to the other guy - he personifies Bison Football.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Comparison of Jensen's and Stick's stats is pretty interesting. I think it's pretty clear however that Stick has more arm talent and is a better athlete running the ball. I'd expect him to develop into a better pro prospect, but where his career numbers shake out depend on many more variables than what Stick can control. Really feels like Stick also has the Walker, Jensen, Wentz it factor in crunch time. He has already lead some pretty impressive comebacks against Youngstown, Eastern Washington, and Iowa.

Really the only thing that I think makes fans pause on Stick is his tendency to be a little reckless with his passes late in his progression. Given more time to develop I think he'll improve on that and hopefully retain the gunslinger mentality.
    I'm not seeing it. I don't think his arm is NFL caliber. He could get stronger in the next 2 years but we'll see. Those out route throws are what scouts look at and he doesn't have NFL zip there yet. I'm not saying Easton isn't a good QB, he's a great college QB but the NFL is a different caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    I agree. Last year, with all the "Wentz vs Stick" talk, I said that Easton doesn't have to be as good as Carson - he has to be good enough to win. And he has shown us - 12 times in a row so far! - that he IS good enough to win.

I appreciate two things most about him: his confidence under pressure, and his attitude. He was voted a captain as a sophomore (on a team with a lot of great leaders), which tells me that he is well respected by his teammates. He works hard, he is not a grandstander, he plays for and gives credit to the other guy - he personifies Bison Football.
    Exactly what I am trying to say. He, like 99% of the team, know how to win; and will do whatever they need to do to win as a team. This is what makes our guys stand out from the rest of the FCS IMO. Most teams have their one or two 'star' players. We (aside from Carson last year, which interestingly enough we didn't need to play 1/2 the season to win) don't have one or two star players. Id say each and every guy on the field during a play can hold their own against any of these other FCS 'stars'.

Aside from our punting...dear god our punting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm not seeing it. I don't think his arm is NFL caliber. He could get stronger in the next 2 years but we'll see. Those out route throws are what scouts look at and he doesn't have NFL zip there yet. I'm not saying Easton isn't a good QB, he's a great college QB but the NFL is a different caliber.
    I didn't mean to imply Stick has an NFL arm like Wentz. Just saying at this moment in his college career, it looks like he has a better arm than Jensen.

I agree if Stick wants to be considered a legit NFL prospect he would need to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I didn't mean to imply Stick has an NFL arm like Wentz. Just saying at this moment in his college career, it looks like he has a better arm than Jensen.

I agree if Stick wants to be considered a legit NFL prospect he would need to improve.
    Most NFL QBs also don't have arms like Wentz. With that said, Easton's throwing ability is insanely better now than it was last year. Just compare his deep ball throws this year to the not-so-deep-ball INT in the Championship Game.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I wouldn't judge his arm strength based off of out routes. Currently, he seems to hesitate when throwing that route instead of passing it in rhythm. That takes a lot of zip off the pass. I was watching ESPN, I believe Monday night, and they were talking about Wentz. They were amazed at how accurate he was. Dilfer said every QB in the NFL is accurate. That's why they're there. He went on to say Wentz was "precise". My point is, sure, having a rocket of an arm helps, but not everyone in the NFL has that kind of arm either. If Stick can get to the point of being "precise", he'll get his shot. Jensen made it to the Dolphins camp and nothing really impressed me about his arm, ever. He just got the job done. I'm much more impressed with Stick's arm at this point, especially the touch on his deep passes. Dimes baby.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I wouldn't judge his arm strength based off of out routes. Currently, he seems to hesitate when throwing that route instead of passing it in rhythm. That takes a lot of zip off the pass. I was watching ESPN, I believe Monday night, and they were talking about Wentz. They were amazed at how accurate he was. Dilfer said every QB in the NFL is accurate. That's why they're there. He went on to say Wentz was "precise". My point is, sure, having a rocket of an arm helps, but not everyone in the NFL has that kind of arm either. If Stick can get to the point of being "precise", he'll get his shot. Jensen made it to the Dolphins camp and nothing really impressed me about his arm, ever. He just got the job done. I'm much more impressed with Stick's arm at this point, especially the touch on his deep passes. Dimes baby.
    Like I said we'll see how he progresses over the next 2 seasons. Hard to believe he's still only a sophomore!

Like I said we'll see how he progresses over the next 2 seasons. Hard to believe he's still only a sophomore!
    2 years more under hedberg will help even more..

2 more years with Hedberg, 2 more with Kramer, 2 more building confidence....Actually 3 more of all those because it only through game 4 yet.

Stick is really great. I believe he's good enough to be drafted and will be ready. Plus Carson's success will do nothing but help.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sorry what were you saying about his arm strength. I just finished watching this clip below for the 195th time.

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...15064156958720
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"