Page 57 of 455 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    On the other hand, it seems like every QB injury back to Steve Walker's knee against SIU happened on called pass plays... granted, Steve took off running on the play but he wasn't a natural runner.
    I'm just saying if he's a running qb he will get injured just like the rest of them. If he's a qb that can run its different. It comes down to the coaches not calling too many runs for him and Easton realizing when to get those extra couple of yards and when to go down or out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    I'm just saying if he's a running qb he will get injured just like the rest of them. If he's a qb that can run its different. It comes down to the coaches not calling too many runs for him and Easton realizing when to get those extra couple of yards and when to go down or out of bounds.
    Brock Jensen was a running QB...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Brock Jensen was a running QB...
    well to be fair, his teams QB didnt have to move to take a beating last year in the Fargodome, he couldnt even blink
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With the stable of RB's we'll have back there, I think we'll continue to only see about 10 designed runs for Easton a game, referencing a comment Carson made about our offense and the 10 or so plays a game where he was running. I'd be curious to see how things were to go if Easton did get hurt and Davis was running the show. Probably see a lot of D's stacking the box and making us beat them with the pass.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    The kid is a stud clearly but if I was you guys I would worry about the coaches getting too in love with his legs and him breaking down as the season goes on. He's a gifted runner but at the end of the day he's the QB and needs to be healthy for the playoffs.
    They relied heavily on his running ability at the beginning, but as the season wore on he seemed to be more comfortable in the pocket and pass more. He also looked a lot better in the spring game as well.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    They relied heavily on his running ability at the beginning, but as the season wore on he seemed to be more comfortable in the pocket and pass more. He also looked a lot better in the spring game as well.
    bingo....everything changed when CW went down, had to start over. Easton will be a stud
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

We also have a pretty darn good QB, I think, sitting back there in Cole Davis.

Klieman said last year that we can win with either Stick or Davis, and I believe him.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    We also have a pretty darn good QB, I think, sitting back there in Cole Davis.

Klieman said last year that we can win with either Stick or Davis, and I believe him.
    This. Davis doesn't have Stick's speed, but outside of that I think he's just as good. We are in good shape at the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    hey, hey, hey............easy on the language.
    I would have gone with...........

Easton Stick is so cool he should take a picture of a kitten snuggling around a hot chick's tits and then police the internet.

Hail the BISON!!!

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    This. Davis doesn't have Stick's speed, but outside of that I think he's just as good. We are in good shape at the QB position.
    I think he has the better arm. Carson kept calling him deep routes for a reason. Plug and play and I hope we get the opportunity for both to see lots of playing time. How many teams had a set of quarterbacks better than Wentz, Easton, and Davis last year? Alabama didn't.