Page 55 of 455 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I am a huge Easton fan, but his arm isn't crazy strong as he failed to make the cross field td pass to Wentz in the championship game.
    Considering the poster, I'm assuming this was a bit purple/tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Dang wind caught that pass, which made Wentz's throws even more impressive.
    Maybe saw something there, I don't believe it was an arm strength issue imo. As it wasn't an EXTREMELY long throw to make, not saying I could have made it but I've seen Stick sling it 45 or so yards in warm ups so there is no way that pass was farther than that so he definitely had the arm strength. If NDB2 post was in purple font I think he had the same thing in mind. He just didn't throw it far enough/correct location imo. He adjusted for another probably even 3-5 yards that ball likely would have been a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Maybe saw something there, I don't believe it was an arm strength issue imo. As it wasn't an EXTREMELY long throw to make, not saying I could have made it but I've seen Stick sling it 45 or so yards in warm ups so there is no way that pass was farther than that so he definitely had the arm strength. If NDB2 post was in purple font I think he had the same thing in mind. He just didn't throw it far enough/correct location imo. He adjusted for another probably even 3-5 yards that ball likely would have been a TD.
    I went back and watched and you're right, it wasn't an arm strength issue, just a bad throw. For some odd reason, I had it stuck in my head he was tossing from around the 50 and threw it too high where the wind might have affected it. Instead, it was a low-trajectory 35-yard pass that needed to placed more to the left-side of the endzone where Wentz was running. With that said, it will be a pass Easton will learn from and become better. Thought he looked tremendously better in the Spring Game. Hopefully, that translates into awesomeness in the regular season.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I went back and watched and you're right, it wasn't an arm strength issue, just a bad throw. For some odd reason, I had it stuck in my head he was tossing from around the 50 and threw it too high where the wind might have affected it. Instead, it was a low-trajectory 35-yard pass that needed to placed more to the left-side of the endzone where Wentz was running. With that said, it will be a pass Easton will learn from and become better. Thought he looked tremendously better in the Spring Game. Hopefully, that translates into awesomeness in the regular season.
    I felt he was just a hair late on it, too, in addition to what you are saying. Does that agree with what you just rewatched?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I felt he was just a hair late on it, too, in addition to what you are saying. Does that agree with what you just rewatched?
    Yes, as Wentz needed to run back to the pass in order to make a play.
    Hail the BISON!!!

did anyone not watch the spring game and see the obvious change in Eastons throws, give him a break people he was thrown into a very high pressure situation as a Freshman that hadnt taken a snap in College and did his job!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Go figure the timing on a reserve throwback pass would be a bit tricky. Too bad, would have made one hell of a play on the highlight reel.

Perfect analogy to the season wrapped up nicely into a single play. Carson handing the season off to Easton and him throwing it back to Carson FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    did anyone not watch the spring game and see the obvious change in Eastons throws, give him a break people he was thrown into a very high pressure situation as a Freshman that hadnt taken a snap in College and did his job!!
    Thank you. Everyone keeps beating the dead horse about his arm strength. Microcosm of this message board tho.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Easton Stick fucking rules.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Thank you. Everyone keeps beating the dead horse about his arm strength. Microcosm of this message board tho.
    Well, seriously nitpicking the kid that is undefeated as a Sophomore, any other team losing their #1 QB is done might win a couple but I doubt anyone has made it to a Championship game on the shoulders of their Freshman #2 QB

Insane

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Do people forget that Easton was probably the highest rated recruit we have got. Some of the comments make it sound like he doesn't deserve the job. He did a great job filling in as a true freshman and without him who knows if there would have been a five peat. No one can expect any other qb to fill carsons shoes