Page 46 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick: Best Freshman QB at NDSU ever?

Kid is a winner, just like the rest of his teammates. Just wish there wasn't so much criticism about his throwing ability as he is actually pretty good. I think the critics are too focused on his throwing ability compared to Wentz's. Hard to be compared to the best pure throwing QB in college (Goff is close).

I don't think Easton will ever reach Carson's ability, but will be very comparable to Walker, who I feel is the second best throwing QB in NDSU history.

Add in Stick's running ability and composure, I expect a fun ride with him at the helm for the next three seasons.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Jeff Bentrim is enshrined in the college football hall of fame. I will leave it at that.

http://www.footballfoundation.org/Pr....aspx?id=80012

I'd say Bentrim too. Ok I'm biased as I was freshman in 1983 and got to watch him and the rest of the other freshman starters the next 4 years. I'm blanking on the name of the QB that was injured and Bentrim took over but that happened early in the season. I feel bad about forgetting the name as I have a really cool photo of him catching a TD pass (he has a copy of the photo).

Like it or not, the measuring "stick" for quarterbacks is National Championships. When Stick gets us to the National Championship the next 3 years, I will put him in the same space as Bentrim

Quote Originally Posted by Wacker_in_the_Hall View Post
    Like it or not, the measuring "stick" for quarterbacks is National Championships. When Stick gets us to the National Championship the next 3 years, I will put him in the same space as Bentrim
    The topic was freshman qb's...and Stick as a freshman qb got us to the NC. I guess that would put him in the same space as Bentrim...at least as far as freshman qb's.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Wacker_in_the_Hall View Post
    The thread is accurately stipulated as "freshman" QB, not a career QB. I'm not going to EVER downplay Bentrim's great accomplishments, but the fact is, we also should recognize that both him and Stick took their teams to the National Championship as freshman (Bentrim true fr., Stick Rfr). And I believe Stick would also have been the winning QB, if he would have started the game. Of course, due to transition policies, Walker simply didn't have the chance to take his team anywhere.

That said, I'm with TAB* and will not pick among them, even as freshmen.

* - Bastard already beat me to it. Damn!

I'll never pick favorites when it comes to QBs. I'm just glad I was born into a Bison family so that I've been able to watch learn or listen about all of the greats.

Love what Stick did this year. But Benny was a True freshman who guided his team to a National Championship. Not more needs to be said.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    The topic was freshman qb's...and Stick as a freshman qb got us to the NC. I guess that would put him in the same space as Bentrim...at least as far as freshman qb's.
    True freshman---red shirt freshman. Theres a difference.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I have to agree. Stick stepped up and kept pushing forward to get better.