Page 413 of 455 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Okay, let's be honest......I've said this before, but Easton's best shot at a long term NFL gig is as a back up QB. He simply does not have a big enough arm to be a QB1, except for a team in desperate need. However, he can excel at as a QB2 due to his smarts and mobility. This is his chance....Chase is getting long in the tooth, and he really should get a chance to beat him out, as I'm sure they would gladly dump Chase if they could to save paying his salary.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Okay, let's be honest......I've said this before, but Easton's best shot at a long term NFL gig is as a back up QB. He simply does not have a big enough arm to be a QB1, except for a team in desperate need. However, he can excel at as a QB2 due to his smarts and mobility. This is his chance....Chase is getting long in the tooth, and he really should get a chance to beat him out, as I'm sure they would gladly dump Chase if they could to save paying his salary.
    Yes, nobody should be disappointed in this. He'd make millions. Nothing to be bummed about

I’ve said it a million times but if there’s a use for Mormon Mahomes in NOLA then there’s no reason Easton can’t fill a similar role. Just need a team looking for that change of pace package.

Unfortunately I don’t think that will be in LA.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First - I know that I'm connecting too many dots here. No need to walk me down.

Anyway, I wonder if yesterday's drafting of Trey at #3 might have an effect on Stick. Over the last several weeks, NDSU has been in a spotlight for the type of rigor that QB's need to go through to be successful. Trey has been an incredible ambassador in his humble description of his place in the NDSU program. There's a ton of information out there and now you can directly link Carson with Trey. That link goes right through Easton. In the 2019 draft, I really thought that he was a 3rd rounder but he just slipped and the team that got him also drafted their franchise QB the following year. I wonder if teams are now paying even more attention to the Bison PROGRAM given the current situation and pausing to look more closely at him, potentially giving him more of a look.

I don't think that Easton is better than Carson or what I assume that Trey will be. I DO think that he can be a starter for many teams that are currently stuck with their less talented QB.

Anyway, just a thought on my blissful Friday morning.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    First - I know that I'm connecting too many dots here. No need to walk me down.

Anyway, I wonder if yesterday's drafting of Trey at #3 might have an effect on Stick. Over the last several weeks, NDSU has been in a spotlight for the type of rigor that QB's need to go through to be successful. Trey has been an incredible ambassador in his humble description of his place in the NDSU program. There's a ton of information out there and now you can directly link Carson with Trey. That link goes right through Easton. In the 2019 draft, I really thought that he was a 3rd rounder but he just slipped and the team that got him also drafted their franchise QB the following year. I wonder if teams are now paying even more attention to the Bison PROGRAM given the current situation and pausing to look more closely at him, potentially giving him more of a look.

I don't think that Easton is better than Carson or what I assume that Trey will be. I DO think that he can be a starter for many teams that are currently stuck with their less talented QB.

Anyway, just a thought on my blissful Friday morning.
    Maybe if he gets traded, but by now Easton is a known commodity within the Chargers. They know the abilities he's established with them outside of any association he has with NDSU.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Maybe if he gets traded, but by now Easton is a known commodity within the Chargers. They know the abilities he's established with them outside of any association he has with NDSU.
    Oops, yeah, I forgot to say that I wonder if another team might want to acquire him to utilize him more proactively. The Chargers are definitely not going to start him any time soon unless Herbert gets injured. (FWIW - Herbert is a great kid as well so I'd hate to see him injured.)
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Oops, yeah, I forgot to say that I wonder if another team might want to acquire him to utilize him more proactively. The Chargers are definitely not going to start him any time soon unless Herbert gets injured. (FWIW - Herbert is a great kid as well so I'd hate to see him injured.)
    Maybe like a little nagging injury or something, just to give Easton some game tape?

(Don’t @ me, Greta)
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I’ve said it a million times but if there’s a use for Mormon Mahomes in NOLA then there’s no reason Easton can’t fill a similar role. Just need a team looking for that change of pace package.

Unfortunately I don’t think that will be in LA.
    Reading this post back made me realize there’s now two Mormon Mahomses.

God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Maybe like a little nagging injury or something, just to give Easton some game tape?

(Don’t @ me, Greta)
    I don’t think that’s necessary. Just give him a package like the saints use. They ran it twice last year with Easton and didn’t get shit with it. I wish they’d try it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I don’t think that’s necessary. Just give him a package like the saints use. They ran it twice last year with Easton and didn’t get shit with it. I wish they’d try it more.
    I remember that, but frankly I don’t like when teams do that. Especially with a new QB, it’s more important to let the QB get in a groove with their receivers. Just my opinion.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery