Page 41 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    Anyone watch Feeney in the Century - St. Mary's basketball game on Monday evening in Bismarck?. Game tied. 4.8 seconds left. Century ball. Feeney was to throw the ball in. The player furthest back was Tyler Rudolph. FYI, as background, Feeney was a QB and Rudolph was a wide receiver this fall for Century, and they connected a number of times on some precise, tough throws and catches. On the inbounds, Feeney threw the ball to Rudolph (6'5" in think) and Rudolph went up for the ball, and got it. I didn't realize until some other people told me that Feeney put some spin on the ball, and that it moved about two feet further left than where it would have landed, if straight. That allowed Rudolph to have a better chance to snag the ball, as he probably set himself up for it and probably knew it was coming that way. As an aside, Rudolph took the ball down, took a shot on two defenders, missed, and the player left alone put it in on the other side with about 0.6 seconds left. Was a great game and these two teams could potentially play three more times this season. Looking forward to each if they happen.
    What does this have to do with Easton Stick.. and why should I care?

I just added it because some people were talking about Feeney. Thought I would add some information. I think on any thread, you are going to get some diversions. ???

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    Looks like a great Redshirt potential and another 4 year starter to continue the tradition.

NoDak Greg - Bismarck
    In order to start 4 years he would have to beat out an upperclass starter (presumably Wentz) as a redshirt freshman. If this indeed does take place I would venture to guess that Brock's FCS wins record would be in dire jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilBison96 View Post
    In order to start 4 years he would have to beat out an upperclass starter (presumably Wentz) as a redshirt freshman. If this indeed does take place I would venture to guess that Brock's FCS wins record would be in dire jeopardy.
    This kind of sentiment worries me. 43 wins in 3 years is the type of run that may never be seen again in the FCS, much less by NDSU and in the next 5 years. If that's your expectation prepare to be disappointed. You're assuming a lot with that kind of statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This kind of sentiment worries me. 43 wins in 3 years is the type of run that may never be seen again in the FCS, much less by NDSU and in the next 5 years. If that's your expectation prepare to be disappointed. You're assuming a lot with that kind of statement.
    What's that supposed to mean? NDSU will have the best chance to dominate the FCS for the foreseeable future. Its support, ever improving facilities, and national perception as THE place to be in FCS put us, and in my opinion, only us in a position to continue such dominance. Remember this i a dynasty, not a three year run. This program has 10 or more regular season wins 5 of the last 8 seasons. We (and consequently Easton) might not win 50 games over the next 5 years, as you say, but to say "much less NDSU" is implying someone else has a better shot at it. Whoever you think they are, they don't.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

I may have phrased that wrong, I by no means have those expectations (I personally don't see anyone taking the starting job from whomever wins it next fall until they graduate). I was just pointing out what I saw as a presumed error in calculation of eligibility by the other poster in thinking the starter would have graduated when Easton is a redshirt freshman.

With the talent that appears to be on this team if a QB is talented enough to be named the starter at the beginning of their redshirt year and has the luck avoid injuries, I could easily see them averaging just over 11 wins a year to break the record.

DISCLAIMER: I personally think Brock's record is safe

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    What's that supposed to mean? NDSU will have the best chance to dominate the FCS for the foreseeable future. Its support, ever improving facilities, and national perception as THE place to be in FCS put us, and in my opinion, only us in a position to continue such dominance. Remember this i a dynasty, not a three year run. This program has 10 or more regular season wins 5 of the last 8 seasons. We (and consequently Easton) might not win 50 games over the next 5 years, as you say, but to say "much less NDSU" is implying someone else has a better shot at it. Whoever you think they are, they don't.
    It means that expecting another run like the one we just saw is unrealistic from anyone in the FCS, even NDSU. My point in saying "much less NDSU" is that no team in the FCS field is likely to repeat what NDSU just did and that's 120 other teams not just NDSU. I guess what I'm saying is if I had to take NDSU or the field to be the next FCS team to average 14 wins per over 3 consecutive national titles I'd probably take the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilBison96 View Post
    I may have phrased that wrong, I by no means have those expectations (I personally don't see anyone taking the starting job from whomever wins it next fall until they graduate). I was just pointing out what I saw as a presumed error in calculation of eligibility by the other poster in thinking the starter would have graduated when Easton is a redshirt freshman.

With the talent that appears to be on this team if a QB is talented enough to be named the starter at the beginning of their redshirt year and has the luck avoid injuries, I could easily see them averaging just over 11 wins a year to break the record.

DISCLAIMER: I personally think Brock's record is safe
    Agreed

It means that expecting another run like the one we just saw is unrealistic from anyone in the FCS, even NDSU. My point in saying "much less NDSU" is that no team in the FCS field is likely to repeat what NDSU just did and that's 120 other teams not just NDSU. I guess what I'm saying is if I had to take NDSU or the field to be the next FCS team to average 14 wins per over 3 consecutive national titles I'd probably take the field.

Agreed
    and I would vehemently disagree with you unless there was a major shakeup in either NCAA football itself or the Bison program and they were no longer FCS.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    We have the fan base, support, tradition, players, and coaches to continue the dominance. (Unless Klieman tries to reinvent the wheel) Maybe not to degree which we've seen but we will continue. Brocks record will never be broken. Thats ok

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Arden Beachy, anything can happen, everyone needs to be ready to play at any time. Man that just killed me that year as I had finally saved enough money to go to a Bison National Championship game, bags were packed at beginning of year. Took 20 some odd years later to place a check mark on the bucket list. Didnt we lose two QB's in one year ? I like Stick's drive, thought I heard a comment that he is coming into the program and work like he will be starting, Carson will be impressive this year, working hard and you could see his head was into the game on the bench. Im excited for this season. I stopped breathing a few times last year when Brock was nailed. I hope everyone stays healthy, but one play could punch your ticket into the line-up, BE READY TO ROLL !!
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC