Page 403 of 455 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you are dumb with money when you are poor, you are dumb with money when you have some. Easton doesnt strike me as the dummy who buys 4 houses and 10 cars

Easton has played 2 years and earned 1.4 million. 560k in taxes. 840,000. Worst case;10% agent fee so hes made $756,000 in 2 years. Probably spent 50k training so $700k. That's assuming he isnt cut this year

He stands to make
    850k next year
    $965,000 in 2022

If he makes it through next year and is on the roster for 3 games hes eligible for the NFL pension which awesome when hes older. 3 years its only 21k and goes up each year, average is 42k.

There is an annuity plan which is valuable in year 5, 401k, and other payments for licensing

Severance plan with 2 years vested, it's like 25k if your out of the league

If he completes his current contract he will be borderline wealthy, but not never work again rich. If he signs a 2nd contract or keeps playing he will have fuck you money.

If he never plays another game, hes got a hell of a jumpstart at life. Hes a got a few bucks, a degree without debt and a name
    No one said Easton was a dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    One can only hope so. The alternative is to go the Bernie Kosar, Warren Sapp, Vince Young, Michael Vick, Clinton Portis, et al route. All signed multi-million dollar contracts and now find themselves in multi-million dollar debt. A Sports Illustrated article reported that 78% of NFL players who are retired after only 2 years file for bankruptcy. 60% of NBA players after being retired for 5 years do the same. Reasons varied; shady investment counselors, business deals that went south, divorce settlements, and having the best friends money can buy all were significant factors in losing fortunes.
    Multiple wives, girlfriends, child support and alimony.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    No one said Easton was a dumb ass.
    We know that non one said that...why are you stating it?
    No one said he would turn into a giant lizard robot either...do you need to tell us that too?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    We know that non one said that...why are you stating it?
    No one said he would turn into a giant lizard robot either...do you need to tell us that too?
    Actually, I did mention the thing about the lizard robot but nothing about it being giant. That would be ridiculous.
    Insert something clever here...

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easton came as close as you can, without getting to, to taking his first regular season snap today. 10 minutes to play, Chargers down 21-10, and Herbert gets shaken up. It's 3rd and 4, and Stick comes in, huddles up, gets into the shotgun and starts the call...I'm thinking, this is it, Easton's getting his shot...then the Chargers call a timeout, and Herbert trots back out. Damn that was so close, so disappointing...
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Easton came as close as you can, without getting to, to taking his first regular season snap today. 10 minutes to play, Chargers down 21-10, and Herbert gets shaken up. It's 3rd and 4, and Stick comes in, huddles up, gets into the shotgun and starts the call...I'm thinking, this is it, Easton's getting his shot...then the Chargers call a timeout, and Herbert trots back out. Damn that was so close, so disappointing...
    Is Stig their team physician?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Don’t you DARE hope for a Justin Herbert injury, Greta will have your fuckin head for that shit.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Is Stig their team physician?
    See now, that's funny.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Don’t you DARE hope for a Justin Herbert injury, Greta will have your fuckin head for that shit.
    Perhaps I'm not picking up on your sarcasm, but where did my "fucking head" say anything to suggest I might be hoping for Herbert to get injured?

It had to be disappointing for Easton since he was only a second or 2 from getting the snap, and that doesn't mean anyone wants Herbert out.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Perhaps I'm not picking up on your sarcasm, but where did my "fucking head" say anything to suggest I might be hoping for Herbert to get injured?

It had to be disappointing for Easton since he was only a second or 2 from getting the snap, and that doesn't mean anyone wants Herbert out.
    Fuck it, I will say it. I hope Herbert gets hurt so Stick can start.