Page 373 of 455 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I might just mean that they have a backup locked up already (Tyrod)
    This is almost certainly Rivers last year with the Bolts. He might not even make it out of the season without getting benched. Easton will have a chance to be a backup, might even get a chance to start a meaningless game or two.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    This is almost certainly Rivers last year with the Bolts. He might not even make it out of the season without getting benched. Easton will have a chance to be a backup, might even get a chance to start a meaningless game or two.
    Unfortunately, the Chargers are in a world of hurt (might be worse than the Broncos’ world of suck) as they don’t really have a home or a fanbase anymore and their ownership never seem to learn from their mistakes.

Sucks to see Rivers get old as he has been one of my favorite non-Broncos QBs to watch, but it will be interesting to see how Stick gets used the next few seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers in the market for a 1st round QB with as high as their pick will likely be next April. They didn't draft Stick to be their franchise QB. I suspect he's going to have to battle for his roster spot again next year and he'll have to keep winning those battles over the next few years if he's going to be an opening day NFL starter at some point.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I ultimately see Easton playing for someone else in maybe two years. They'll try to prove that he's a quality backup and get some trade opportunities for him.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers in the market for a 1st round QB with as high as their pick will likely be next April. They didn't draft Stick to be their franchise QB. I suspect he's going to have to battle for his roster spot again next year and he'll have to keep winning those battles over the next few years if he's going to be an opening day NFL starter at some point.
    I believe Colin Cowherd agrees with you on the first point at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They are, but it wouldn't hurt to check out what they already have. At this point both Tyrod and Stick will be an upgrade, Rivers has gotten too old, has no mobility and cannot play behind that awful o line. If they can give help with some play action, roll outs, read option etc it could give them a chance to have an offense. They are not a bad team otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    They are, but it wouldn't hurt to check out what they already have. At this point both Tyrod and Stick will be an upgrade, Rivers has gotten too old, has no mobility and cannot play behind that awful o line. If they can give help with some play action, roll outs, read option etc it could give them a chance to have an offense. They are not a bad team otherwise.
    He's basically a slightly better version than Flacco. Look how much better Denver's offense got the past two games with a guy who never took a regular season NFL snap when Flacco got hurt, mainly because he can move (and think quicker than Joe). If Brandon Allen can have success in the NFL, Easton most certainly can too if put in the right system.
    Hail the BISON!!!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Who knows what will happen, but right now Stick is in a good situation. Time to learn and develop his NFL game.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Who knows what will happen, but right now Stick is in a good situation. Time to learn and develop his NFL game.
    And good for Stick. Very small group of FB players have or get to be where he is/got the chance.

Plus, Stick is just solid and will do well whatever his endeavors.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And good for Stick. Very small group of FB players have or get to be where he is/got the chance.

Plus, Stick is just solid and will do well whatever his endeavors.

Easton is just solid people. I have said it before and I will say it again now: as a business owner/leader I would just hire him and ask what we want to do. Then do my best to provide the platform and get the hell out of his way.
    Don't believe everything you think.