Page 360 of 455 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I take very little stock in a sports bloggers opinion. I don't know the writer, but guessing he has no to very little inside information.

I predict Stick makes the roster, Cardale gets cut.
    His one and only job is to cover the Chargers for ESPN so he's one of the most plugged in sports writers to that team out there (along with their local fish wrap beat writers probably). You might end up being right and he may end up being wrong but he's definitely not just a random blogger throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks.

Cut him and let the Vikings pick him up. He can sit behind Cousins and by the end of the year every Vikes fan will be chanting Easton's name at home games.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Cut him and let the Vikings pick him up. He can sit behind Cousins and by the end of the year every Vikes fan will be chanting Easton's name at home games.
    Nice thought but no way. Zim loves mediocre backups who have already reached their ceiling. He may not even keep Sloter and go with two QBs and nobody for the future. That's how much of a dumbass he is.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Nice thought but no way. Zim loves mediocre backups who have already reached their ceiling. He may not even keep Sloter and go with two QBs and nobody for the future. That's how much of a dumbass he is.
    Oh for God’s sake stop sugar coating. What the hell do you really think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    But I'd like to see Stick win a Super Bowl some day. Never happen with the Vikes. Never, ever in a million years.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    His one and only job is to cover the Chargers for ESPN so he's one of the most plugged in sports writers to that team out there (along with their local fish wrap beat writers probably). You might end up being right and he may end up being wrong but he's definitely not just a random blogger throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks.
    If I am right from my remote outpost here in Minneapolis, and he is wrong as a dedicated beat writer, it will reinforce my point that he has no more information than the rest of us Joes.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    But I'd like to see Stick win a Super Bowl some day. Never happen with the Vikes. Never, ever in a million years.
    Never say never but I have been waiting all my 51 years. lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Never say never but I have been waiting all my 51 years. lol
    Well at least you can say that you got to see them appear in one or two. Many purple fans have not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Charger's ESPN beat writer Eric Wiliams projects them to keep Cardale and cut Stick: https://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...ending-holdout

He speculates that the Chargers may look into keeping a 4th QB if they don't think Stick will clear waivers but that seems pretty far-fetched in today's day and age when some NFL teams only roster 2 QBs. I have pretty significant doubts he clears waivers if they try it. I know some on here don't like the notion but the Eagles are definitely QB needy and showed interest in Stick prior to the draft. They'd have to choose him over rookie QB Clayton Thorson though who went 1 pick behind Stick in the draft I believe.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't it fairly uncommon for a QB to get drafted and then cut in the same draft year before the season even started? Chargers spent a 5th round draft pick on a QB and they aren't going to try and develop him for a few years? Seems unlikely...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't it fairly uncommon for a QB to get drafted and then cut in the same draft year before the season even started? Chargers spent a 5th round draft pick on a QB and they aren't going to try and develop him for a few years? Seems unlikely...
    A friend who's tight with the Seahawks coaches believes Easton will stick for this reason. I wonder if a lot of this puffery of Jones is just meant to help him get his next gig. (And I agree Jones's last 2 games were good, but overall Easton has shown more.)
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)