Page 35 of 455 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    On a side note, if Sams has ever given a penny to TeamMakers he needs to end his hobby now.
    Um, a booster, as defined by the NCAA, doesn't have to give a penny to be considered one.

The straw holder is emptying, you better grab some more quick.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On a side note, if Sams has ever given a penny to TeamMakers he needs to end his hobby now.
    I'm sure he's never done his research on that topic. /purple.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    If you are implying a violation...would it even matter if he gave money to NDSU? Even just by obviously being a fan wouldn't that be in violation? I don't understand all of those rules.

I can't imagine operating a recruiting site is a violation. I'm sure the guy(s) who started Rivals probably are fans of specific team(s) as well.
    I'd be curious if he ran it by the NDSU compliance department.

WHO CAN RECRUIT FOR NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY?

Only North Dakota State University coaches who successfully complete the annual NCAA Coaches Certification Exam, which tests their knowledge of NCAA recruitment legislation, are permitted to be involved in the recruiting process.

As a booster, you are specifically prohibited from:
    -Making any recruiting contacts with prospects or their relatives. This includes telephone calls, letters, e-mails, and facsimiles, along with any face-to-face contact either on-or off-campus.
    -Contacting a prospect’s coach, principal, or guidance counselor to evaluate the prospect
    NCAA RULES REGARDING THE INTERNET

The internet is considered similar to e-mail, telephone calls, or general correspondence. Therefore, it should not be used by boosters to contact prospects, their families, or their coaches. Participation in “chat rooms” with prospects is strictly prohibited. The online services such as "My Space" and/or "Facebook" should not be used to contact prospects.
    As long as NDSU isn't recruiting 40 year olds, should be safe with the MySpace thing.

If you are referring to Sam as a booster, one only needs to be a mere fan of the team to be considered a booster under the NCAA recruiting regulations....Not just a donor. And we all have to be very careful that we don't violate any rules. I am sure that Sam is very well aware of those rules. I am not at all concerned about him and his actions on the recruiting site.

I agree that Sams has a very good website. I appreciate his effort as it is good for the program in my opinion.

But his "leave this to professional recruiters"/slamming Forum Communications is VERY FUNNY. And he deserved to be called out on it.

If people are paying him $300 an hour to evaluate high school talent, then I owe him an apology.

As much crap as we give Forum Communications it is still a professional media business. People PAY KOLPACK $$$ for his work.

Why did Sams edit his post? Was it because he realized he was a little off-base or did he just want to ruin my joke?

hmmm....
    Sams works for a professional media business, just not in Fargo...Does that make him less qualified to offer this service because he isn't paid directly to do so?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    If you are referring to Sam as a booster, one only needs to be a mere fan of the team to be considered a booster under the NCAA recruiting regulations....Not just a donor. And we all have to be very careful that we don't violate any rules. I am sure that Sam is very well aware of those rules. I am not at all concerned about him and his actions on the recruiting site.
    The username is very confusing. We all know a Sam and he is not the person to whom we are referring. SamsRams' name is John. His dad was Sam.

We definitely shouldn't refer to "Sam".

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow, this thread has taken yet another turn for the worse. Keep up the good work samarams!

No need to run a poll. SamsRams aka John is highly respected and appreciated by a super majority of Bisonville posters and readers. Go Sams, Go!
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    No need to run a poll. SamsRams aka John is highly respected and appreciated by a super majority of Bisonville posters and readers. Go Sams, Go!
    But he doesn't like softball. He has to go.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    But he doesn't like softball. He has to go.
    I love the info john brings to the table…..i just absolutely despise bison 4 life …….there i said it