Page 338 of 455 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Whoa, careful! Easton is not on the 53 yet. My bet is they’re not going to wAnt to risk losing him though. Actually I am s bit parochial about this kid and I just think the world of him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him challenge Taylor for #2 by seasons end. I know that sounds stupid but I’m goin wit it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that happens much sooner. TT's best days are behind him and he really wasn't ever THAT good to start with.
    Insert something clever here...

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Last edited by HerdistheWord; 07-25-2019 at 10:28 PM.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From ESPN'S bold predictions for all 32 teams, from the Chargers' beat writer:

Los Angeles Chargers

QB*Easton Stick*will turn heads with his play.

Selected in the fifth round by the Chargers out of North Dakota State, Stick has been impressive during training camp. Stick should use his athleticism, mobility and ability to throw on the run to his advantage in the preseason, making plays with his feet and his arm.*-- Eric D. Williams
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Maybe some people's expectations. Pretty sure most here expected exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Maybe some people's expectations. Pretty sure most here expected exactly this.
    I think if you scroll back far enough in this thread you'll find some naysayers...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think if you scroll back far enough in this thread you'll find some naysayers...
    Accuracy still concerns me. Will be fun to watch him and see how he looks at the pro level.

More than "some." There were quite a few folks saying things like "I just don't see him as an NFL QB." It's hard to predict these sorts of things in advance, and easy to say "I told you so" in hindsight, but I'm not surprised at all. I also won't be surprised if he ends up contending for the #2 spot at some point this year.

True enough. I thinks it's fair to say the average opinion was he lands between Wentz and Jensen as a pro prospect. I for one am not surprised that he appears to be on track to make a 53 man roster. I think his draft position was also right where the average Bisonville reader would have expected.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    True enough. I thinks it's fair to say the average opinion was he lands between Wentz and Jensen as a pro prospect. I for one am not surprised that he appears to be on track to make a 53 man roster. I think his draft position was also right where the average Bisonville reader would have expected.
    Agreed. Couple fanatics had Easton 1st round at some point. A few more thought he’d go undrafted. The majority were thinking rounds 4-7.

As far as the 53 man, while it would be cool, don’t worry if he’s not on it right away. For drafted QBs especially, it’s largely a numbers game. If the Chargers keep 3 QBs, he will be one. If they try to stash him on the practice squad, he will likely get claimed. Then the Chargers either promote him to 53 or lose him. 5th round QBs almost always stay with their team at least 1 year. Bottom line, 60/40 he’s on the 53 Week 1 but high 90s that he’s on the 53 at some point this year.