Page 333 of 455 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

My prediction is that Easton will be #2 by the start of the regular season, beating out Tyrod Taylor. Just have that feeling his smarts for the game will vault him to backup to Rivers.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Off on an epic journey of clipboard holding or Microsoft surface pro holding.

Bahahaha. Guess the job pays well.

Lardsin must go!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m not sure if Easton will be #2 as I would think Taylor has a pretty sizable headstart on that position with his experience in the league. However, I think if Easton is not #2, then the Chargers strongly consider keeping 3 QB’s on the roster, which is atypical of them lately. I think they like Easton enough to keep him off the practice squad.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Before I even read that article I was actually thinking could there be a better job then 3rd string NFL QBs? Seriously? Not going to get beat up in practice. You know the gameplan and get to watch the games from the sideline and get paid to do it. Heck might even get a shot sooner or later. Way to go Easton. Enjoy it.

Lardsin must go!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Before I even read that article I was actually thinking could there be a better job then 3rd string NFL QBs? Seriously? Not going to get beat up in practice. You know the gameplan and get to watch the games from the sideline and get paid to do it. Heck might even get a shot sooner or later. Way to go Easton. Enjoy it.
    Yeah a couple million dollars is a nice start out of college.

Rivers has been an ironman so it's not likely Stick will see regular season action this year. I don't see Easton being #2, Taylor is too established. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yeah a couple million dollars is a nice start out of college.

Rivers has been an ironman so it's not likely Stick will see regular season action this year. I don't see Easton being #2, Taylor is too established. Maybe next year.
    I think next year is likely when that #2 spot opens up. Taylor has a dead cap number of $6M this year and a cap hit of $3.5M so (unless I'm misunderstanding how that works) he's cheaper to keep than to cut. Of course they could always trade him. However, in 2020 Taylor's dead cap number is only $2.5M and his cap hit is $7.5M. That's a lot of money to pay the backup when your starter, as you pointed out, has rarely missed a snap much less an entire game.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange...d-taylor-7899/

I think the best thing Easton could do this year is show well enough to force the Chargers to keep 3 QBs on the active roster. If they try to push him to the practice squad that's probably not a good sign since they're exposing him to waiver claims to get him there. I believe in McShay's way-way-way too early 2020 mock draft he had the Chargers taking a QB in the first round next year so I think it's more important for him to show the Chargers he has long-term potential than it is to unseat Taylor this year as the backup. Let's not kid ourselves teams don't draft the guy they peg as their future franchise QB in the 5th round, he'll have to earn it.

Man I fucking hate the Saints.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Man I fucking hate the Saints.
    Me too. Vikes should have won with Farve, except for fucking illegal immoral, unethical 'saints' playing cripple the Quarterback.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Salty fucking bitch that wrote that...but I'd expect nothing less from anyone connected to the Saints in any way.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk