Page 233 of 455 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I'm more concerned with how many of his teammates came to his birthday party.
    Now that's funny. I see what you did.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I agree with this. I think he could sneak into the end of the 1st with an amazig shrine bowl, combine, and pro day, but i could also see him dropping to the mid-rounds with a few minor stumbles due to his perceived lack of size (not 6'5") and competition. I am gonna guess round 2-3. I have seen fans from the Jets, Dolphins, and Broncos mention Easton, so that usually means that the media and in those areas have speculated on Stick already. That is a good sign. The Dolphins fans seem most hyped about him.
    I think he's gonna have an uphill climb to get into the 2nd day (rounds 2-3). Based on input from actual NFL scouts he's behind all 8 Senior Bowl QBs and that doesn't even include Kyler Murray. Last year the 10th QB drafted was pick 203 (6th round). I'd guess his range is 5th-7th round unless he blows the doors off of the pre-draft process.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think he's gonna have an uphill climb to get into the 2nd day (rounds 2-3). Based on input from actual NFL scouts he's behind all 8 Senior Bowl QBs and that doesn't even include Kyler Murray. Last year the 10th QB drafted was pick 203 (6th round). I'd guess his range is 5th-7th round unless he blows the doors off of the pre-draft process.
    I think he will climb once he starts interviewing. Hope so

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

After watching Carson I'm thinking a lower draft pick or an invite to camp might be the better way for Easton anyways.

Lardsin must go!

To clarify, i don't think Stick's size is an issue, which is why i used the wording "perceived size". However Carson's rise was aided by his prototypical size. Easton isn't prototypical size. He's not far off, but he's not there. Wilson and Rodgers also played for FBS teams, so they didn't have the same competition concerns. I think size and competition is way overblown, but some of the NFL minds seem to put a lot of weight behind those things and they could affect his draft stock. Perceptions sometimes matter more than actual talent when it comes to the draft.
    just for a point of reference, Easton is pretty much the exact same size as Jimmy Garapolo.

To clarify, i don't think Stick's size is an issue, which is why i used the wording "perceived size". However Carson's rise was aided by his prototypical size. Easton isn't prototypical size. He's not far off, but he's not there. Wilson and Rodgers also played for FBS teams, so they didn't have the same competition concerns. I think size and competition is way overblown, but some of the NFL minds seem to put a lot of weight behind those things and they could affect his draft stock. Perceptions sometimes matter more than actual talent when it comes to the draft.
    I think one major issue for him is throwing in the pocket, being able to get through his progressions at the next level.

I agree with this. I think he could sneak into the end of the 1st with an amazig shrine bowl, combine, and pro day, but i could also see him dropping to the mid-rounds with a few minor stumbles due to his perceived lack of size (not 6'5") and competition. I am gonna guess round 2-3. I have seen fans from the Jets, Dolphins, and Broncos mention Easton, so that usually means that the media and in those areas have speculated on Stick already. That is a good sign. The Dolphins fans seem most hyped about him.
    Has he been officially invited to the combine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think the invite list is out yet.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Has he been officially invited to the combine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They invited something like 19 QBs last year (too lazy to look) so he should be invited.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Josh Norris
    @JoshNorris

I found this notable: Easton Stick signed with Rep1, same group that's been extremely successful with QB prospects in recent drafts, namely Trubisky, Wentz, Goff, Mariota and Beathard, among others.
    https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/statu...90309294329856
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.