Page 23 of 455 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Losing Easton Stick doesn't matter? What planet are you on? This is how teams get as good as we are. We build for the future. You need the future. Easton was the biggest recruit in years. His offer list is very impressive. Named the #5 recruit in Nebraska today. Top 4 are going high major. He is said to be the best QB recruit in NE for years. This is a BIG...BIG LOSS. This kid was the leader of the recruiting class, the signal caller and was ALL IN, to say the staff is shocked would be an understatment.
    It's not a "fold up the tent" moment either. We are set at QB for a couple years, another will come along. Success breeds success. We can't expect to have the coaching turnover and not lose recruits over it. Let's just take a deep breath this year and not worry too much about a single recruit no matter who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Losing Easton Stick doesn't matter? What planet are you on? This is how teams get as good as we are. We build for the future. You need the future. Easton was the biggest recruit in years. His offer list is very impressive. Named the #5 recruit in Nebraska today. Top 4 are going high major. He is said to be the best QB recruit in NE for years. This is a BIG...BIG LOSS. This kid was the leader of the recruiting class, the signal caller and was ALL IN, to say the staff is shocked would be an understatment.
    Not going to get too upset about losing a kid that has taken 0 snaps for us and had yet to spend 1 day on campus as a student. This recruiting class isn't going to crumble with the loss of one kid, nor will it be deemed the greatest ever with just one kid. Plus, I'm really trying to get this "don't matter, THREEPEAT!" phrase of the ground.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It's not a "fold up the tent" moment either. We are set at QB for a couple years, another will come along. Success breeds success. We can't expect to have the coaching turnover and not lose recruits over it. Let's just take a deep breath this year and not worry too much about a single recruit no matter who he is.
    At least we lost him to a Big 10 school, not Wyoming!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Well we didn't get our #1 guy back in 2008 either but the #2 guy (Brock) was pretty damn special! Things happen for a reason. I'll take the guys that commit and see it thru over a flip flopper any day!
    You realize that alot of that is LUCK......That is like Sid Hartman every year saying....Yeah, we don't have as many 3,4,5 star kids as the other schools, but we had Greg Eslinger and he was a zero star kid who won the Rimington award.

My answer to that......I will take a kid with a TON of offers anyday over someone who doesn't. That means a ton of people evaluated and wanted someone. Recruiting isn't an exact science and Brock Jensen is a PERFECT example, but you don't win the percentage game very often doing that. UND takes kids yearly because they were the only offer a kid received. Free school...sure, I will go to UND. You have to win huge battles. Alot of digging to see if this is legit or not. Rutgers....enjoy the visits. Very safe community!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

This is one reason I never get too excited about recruits. Half the time they never pan out anyway.

I was right. It was a twitter hack. He's coming to NDSU.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm sorry my twitter was hacked. I'm committed to #NDSU and #BisoNation 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    I was right. It was a twitter hack. He's coming to NDSU.
    I just saw this too...What the F?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Depth wise, the QB spot is the deepest spot on the team. We could potentially have starters there for 4 years. Cole is the real deal by the way. Making every throw, showing leadership. There is a battle after Wentz. You just had to love this kid. This isn't a positive way to start the day, considering he verballed in Fargo 24 hours ago...for the 4th time.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

nevermind.......