Page 192 of 455 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Also, If Beathard can play QB out of Iowa, Stick can damn sure make an NFL roster. That guy has two left feet and avg. accuracy at best and he is starting in the NFL. (That goes for many clip board holders I see on NFL rosters). Name the team and you'll probably find the player Im talking about.
    Bethard had NFL talent all around him, George Kittle, Matt Vanderberg Big10 receiver of the year, and others during that game and yet Easton had a better QB rating compared to Bethard.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Nice to know Bo agrees with most of Bisonville!

Patriots: need an heir apparent eventually, right?!
    Jaguars: Enough said
    Chargers: No good backup/groom behind old man Rivers
    Broncos: The shine on Keenum has faded, Swag Kelly was an exciting backup but he is gone. Hogan isn't going to make them avoid a QB this year.
    Redskins: Alex Smith is 34 so maybe they start looking for a development QB.
    Giants: Uhh, yeah
    Bucs: Winston and Fitz don't seem like wagons you want to hitch your franchise too

Bengals: Dalton is 31 and no exciting backup. They might target mid to late round QB.
    Lions: Young development QB behind Stafford but he is somehow still only 30.
    Falcons: Ryan is still playing really well at 33. But age is creeping up there and his velocity is waning.

In my opinion, it looks like there are 7-10 teams that will have any desire for a QB this year. The average drafted per year at a very quick glance looks closer to 11. Let's all just hope this is a relevant discussion in few months because it means Easton balled out to finish the year.
    Rixen

There's a decent chance that Easton sets the all-time MVFC record for career rushing yards by a QB this Saturday. He was 381 yards short coming into the year (link) and he's got 345 rushing yards on the season putting him only 36 yards away from the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    There's a decent chance that Easton sets the all-time MVFC record for career rushing yards by a QB this Saturday. He was 381 yards short coming into the year (link) and he's got 345 rushing yards on the season putting him only 36 yards away from the record.
    First play of the game. Book it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Broncos: The shine on Keenum has faded, Swag Kelly was an exciting backup but he is gone. Hogan isn't going to make them avoid a QB this year.
    Bucs: Winston and Fitz don't seem like wagons you want to hitch your franchise too

Bengals: Dalton is 31 and no exciting backup. They might target mid to late round QB.
    Falcons: Ryan is still playing really well at 33. But age is creeping up there and his velocity is waning.

In my opinion, it looks like there are 7-10 teams that will have any desire for a QB this year. The average drafted per year at a very quick glance looks closer to 11. Let's all just hope this is a relevant discussion in few months because it means Easton balled out to finish the year.
    Patriots: Very good chance and Belichick has proven he likes FCS players (Eastern Illinois's Garoppolo and YSU's Rivers). Speaking of the Pats, how do they complete so many passes over the middle compared to pretty much every other team in the NFL?

Jaguars: Strong possibility, especially with so many NDSU ties to the organization the past decade.

Chargers: Maybe, but until the go back to wearing the best-looking uniform in football, I'm not sure they're capable of making good decisions.

Broncos: I'm wishing. If they draft like last year compared to the previous six seasons (Kubiak helping Elway make better choices), there's a chance. Plus, if the quiet rumors of Mike Shanahan returning comes to fruition, Stick would be his and Kubiak's type of QB.

Redskins: Maybe, but like the Chargers, I'm not sure they're capable of making good decisions.

Giants: With Kyle Lauletta trying to channel his inner-Chad Kelly, maybe.

Buccaneers: Maybe, but like the Chargers and Redskins, I'm not sure they're capable of making good decisions.

Bengals: I doubt it as they don't like change....like at all.

Lions: I doubt it as Stafford has another 8-12 years of throwing monster numbers and taking Detroit nowhere.

Falcons: Much like the Lions' situation, I doubt it.

Other teams that I think might be in the market for QB come draft time: Miami, Tennessee, Oakland/Las Vegas and maybe, just maybe, Green Bay.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bo seems to love him. Almost thought he'd slip and say he wished he was his quarterback.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post

Off topic, but it always throws me off to see people in their early thirties being referred to as 'old' and 'ready for retirement'. I should start grooming my replacement at work.

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    Off topic, but it always throws me off to see people in their early thirties being referred to as 'old' and 'ready for retirement'. I should start grooming my replacement at work.
    Troy Aikman has been retired for 18 years.

Chris Collinsworth has been retired for 30 years.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯