Page 180 of 455 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCityBison View Post
    The NFL is moving to open offense spread them out 3 and 4 WR and all time scoring this year. The West Coast offense is going away which doesn’t go well for Easton All shot gun and guys throwing for 490 yards ! NDSU throws very little
    Which is not good. We can’t compare him to Carson! I’d love to see him do well but need to not get expectations too high
    I'm not sold on the spread taking over the NFL due to the speed and skill level on pro defenses. Also, don't mistake the spread system you somewhat see in L.A. for the increase of scoring in the NFL. The real reason is the fear of touching a QB or tackling a receiver too hard. Eventually, the defenses will catch up. There's a reason why coaches like Chip Kelly fail at the NFL level.

Easton will get a chance, especially with this year's draft class. I still have him being drafted between the third and fifth round and should be long term back-up QB in the NFL at least.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not sold on the spread taking over the NFL due to the speed and skill level on pro defenses. Also, don't mistake the spread system you somewhat see in L.A. for the increase of scoring in the NFL. The real reason is the fear of touching a QB or tackling a receiver too hard. Eventually, the defenses will catch up. There's a reason why coaches like Chip Kelly fail at the NFL level.

Easton will get a chance, especially with this year's draft class. I still have him being drafted between the third and fifth round and should be long term back-up QB in the NFL at least.
    . I’m leaning more in route with a Chris Streveler - making a CFL club and like Brock! I just don’t see it in the NFL but hope I’m wrong !

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Easton would do well in the Eagles offensive system. I would love to see our duo reunited.

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Exactly. If you want to talk about red flags for NFL prospect QB's, TC appears to have small hands and a weak arm.

Glove on throwing hand... IN A DOME?

Hail Mary from the 50 with a full windup that only make's it to the 10?

I can literally throw that far (not that it's impressive- its not)- I was at the football field a block from our house with my son, and I thought "how far can I really throw?"... the answer was 40yds on the dot.

I was ashamed of myself.....

Now I'm re-opening my recruitment. Stig will call me tomorrow and I'll be the starting QB for the next 4 years. I'll be a gurilla warrior for NDSU- trying my absolute best to Torpedo SDSU at every opportunity. Literally throwing straight to Jabril Cox over and over and over again.. Running straight backwards through the endzone for multiple safties.

you guys will love me so much you'll build a statue of me in the future recruiting room of the IPF
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCityBison View Post
    . I’m leaning more in route with a Chris Streveler - making a CFL club and like Brock! I just don’t see it in the NFL but hope I’m wrong !
    Bad comparison as Steveler is not the same type of QB that Stick is. One is a runner that can throw while the other is a passer that can run.

A better comparison for Stick as of right now would be these two former FCS QBs:

Hail the BISON!!!

Stick may throw light but I think he works on back shoulder and being just short of receivers intentionally. Mixed results at NDSU but at NFL level those types of throws tend to go for 6 a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Stick may throw light but I think he works on back shoulder and being just short of receivers intentionally. Mixed results at NDSU but at NFL level those types of throws tend to go for 6 a lot.

Would you be willing to show us video evidence of an intentional back shoulder throw from Easton? I've never seen one. I've seen a ton of underthrown balls from him though. Certainly back shoulder throws are used in the NFL, but hitting someone in stride consistently is a much bigger deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Would you be willing to show us video evidence of an intentional back shoulder throw from Easton? I've never seen one. I've seen a ton of underthrown balls from him though. Certainly back shoulder throws are used in the NFL, but hitting someone in stride consistently is a much bigger deal.
    Seems like you have seen the evidence. Question is if intentional. I have also seen some very well thrown balls in stride from him. YSU last year was his best imo.

Biggest curiosity is: who is better? Easy to be critical. Name your 5 better qbs in this draft class, then we can start REALLY bagging on Stick.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Seems like you have seen the evidence. Question is if intentional. I have also seen some very well thrown balls in stride from him. YSU last year was his best imo.

Biggest curiosity is: who is better? Easy to be critical. Name your 5 better qbs in this draft class, then we can start REALLY bagging on Stick.

You said he works the back shoulder, that's intentional. Your words not mine. Still waiting for the evidence. I like Easton as a Bison QB, and I think he'll get plenty of NFL attention due to Carson's success and our pro style offense. But for me he needs to continue to improve on his accuracy and consistency. I was really impressed with his improvement against SDSU, looking forward to tomorrow.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I think Easton would do well in the Eagles offensive system. I would love to see our duo reunited.

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    I would rather see them as starting QB's on different teams.
    Insert something clever here...