Page 179 of 455 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

It is hard to say what opportunities Easton will have come spring. But the Pro Scouts see the potential right now and their opinion is the one that matter to the Owners ... imo

It will be fun watching him finish out the year for us.

What a great time to be a Bison fan.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    I don't think Easton has the confidence in his own abilities that Carson had, and he certainly doesn't have the physical skill set Carson had/has. Shocking statement, I know. It seemed like he threw with more velocity and accuracy against the Jacks when he needed to. He has his senior year to improve, I'm pulling for him to make strides this year. He certainly looked better against SDSU than any other previous game. But he really needs to be more consistent if he has any chance of making it to the next level. I think he'll make a great AD. Our system lends itself to him at least getting a shot in the NFL, but he's got to improve on his consistency to make an NFL team. For the sake of this years Bison, we need him to play like he played last Saturday, or better. I personally don't believe the issue is with the receivers, it's with his risk aversion and lack of confidence in his abilities.
    I can't remember the receiver, but one throw in particular stood out to me during the game... it was RIGHT on the money and it was so hard the receiver's hands were pushed back and, I think, as a result, the pass was dropped. Anecdotal spectating from a tv, but I remember thinking the pass looked like it had A LOT more zip on it than usual...

Kid has the tools, the intelligence, the familiarity with the type of plays needed... I just have a hard time believing some front office won't see that and give him a serious look.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I can't remember the receiver, but one throw in particular stood out to me during the game... it was RIGHT on the money and it was so hard the receiver's hands were pushed back and, I think, as a result, the pass was dropped. Anecdotal spectating from a tv, but I remember thinking the pass looked like it had A LOT more zip on it than usual...

Kid has the tools, the intelligence, the familiarity with the type of plays needed... I just have a hard time believing some front office won't see that and give him a serious look.
    The multiple NFL scouts at the games are there for Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post

He's got arm strength... I don't know if it's NFL caliber but watch this throw here from the last game where it was a pretty easy delivery for him and the ball traveled almost 60 yards in the air (although it was slightly underthrown): https://youtu.be/sd57N1So_I8?t=1h40m7s

Btw... the holding call on Bacon on that play that offset that PI was utter horseshit... the SDSU DT got dumped on a double team from Bacon and Johnson and apparently the umpire thought because he fell down while Bacon had his hands on him that meant he got held.

Just pull up a list of former starting QBs for any team in the nfl and compare Easton to them and you will soon realize he will get a shot. Of course he could end up being the next Sprgeon Wynn or Joe Webb etc but I like his chances. He is smart and getting better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He's got arm strength... I don't know if it's NFL caliber but watch this throw here from the last game where it was a pretty easy delivery for him and the ball traveled almost 60 yards in the air (although it was slightly underthrown): https://youtu.be/sd57N1So_I8?t=1h40m7s

Btw... the holding call on Bacon on tat play that offset that PI was utter horseshit... the SDSU DT got dumped on a double team from Bacon and Johnson and apparently the umpire that that meant he got held.
    Rusher in his face as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Rusher in his face as well.
    Not to stoke the fire of this debate anymore (who am I kidding yeah it is) watch "that other QB" wind up and throw his hail mary at the end of the 1st half: https://youtu.be/sd57N1So_I8?t=1h8m10s

Ball was on a lower trajectory but it would've traveled about 40-45 yards in the air had it not been knocked down.... and that was with a full wind-up it looked like.

Not to stoke the fire of this debate anymore (who am I kidding yeah it is) watch "that other QB" wind up and throw his hail mary at the end of the 1st half: https://youtu.be/sd57N1So_I8?t=1h8m10s

Ball was on a lower trajectory but it would've traveled about 40-45 yards in the air had it not been knocked down.... and that was with a full wind-up it looked like.
    Exactly. If you want to talk about red flags for NFL prospect QB's, TC appears to have small hands and a weak arm.

Glove on throwing hand... IN A DOME?

Hail Mary from the 50 with a full windup that only make's it to the 10?

Btw... the holding call on Bacon on that play that offset that PI was utter horseshit... the SDSU DT got dumped on a double team from Bacon and Johnson and apparently the umpire thought because he fell down while Bacon had his hands on him that meant he got held.
    After watch the NDSU-SDSU game live on Saturday and seeing the Broncos-Chiefs on Monday, I can attest Stick has a lot better arm than at least one professional QB, and it isn't even close.

Also, I rewatched the game (NDSU-SDSU) yesterday, and that penalty along with a few others (Ben Ellefson's penalty on Darrius Shepherd's TD for shoving a defender in his path) made me wonder how this crew is allowed to officiate in the MFVC. Seriously, an official blew his whistle to kill a play with 38 seconds left in the third quarter because he couldn't figure out why the play clock wasn't moving.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    That's because many of those QBs come from systems where they aren't taught how to be a QB in the NFL. Since NDSU runs a version of the West Coast Offense, Stick has that advantage and why he get serious looks from NFL scouts. Until there are more Sean McVays coaching in the NFL, Bison QBs will have a chance at the NFL.
    The NFL is moving to open offense spread them out 3 and 4 WR and all time scoring this year. The West Coast offense is going away which doesn’t go well for Easton All shot gun and guys throwing for 490 yards ! NDSU throws very little
    Which is not good. We can’t compare him to Carson! I’d love to see him do well but need to not get expectations too high