Page 178 of 455 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Stick's abilities are underappreciated on Bisonville.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Stick's abilities are underappreciated on Bisonville.
    I'd say a little overrated by some as well. He's a very good college QB but there are lots of very good college QB's that don't make it to the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'd say a little overrated by some as well. He's a very good college QB but there are lots of very good college QB's that don't make it to the NFL.
    That's because many of those QBs come from systems where they aren't taught how to be a QB in the NFL. Since NDSU runs a version of the West Coast Offense, Stick has that advantage and why he get serious looks from NFL scouts. Until there are more Sean McVays coaching in the NFL, Bison QBs will have a chance at the NFL.
    Hail the BISON!!!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

“In the 2019 Draft, the Denver Broncos select...Quarterback Easton Stick, North Dakota State University.”

John Elway finally gets it right.

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    “In the 2019 Draft, the Denver Broncos select...Quarterback Easton Stick, North Dakota State University.”

John Elway finally gets it right.

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    And he has a coaching staff that is at least as smart as Easton installed by then.
    Hail the BISON!!!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    That's because many of those QBs come from systems where they aren't taught how to be a QB in the NFL. Since NDSU runs a version of the West Coast Offense, Stick has that advantage and why he get serious looks from NFL scouts. Until there are more Sean McVays coaching in the NFL, Bison QBs will have a chance at the NFL.
    Bin fucking go.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The difference is great QB's throw the ball and give their receivers a chance to make a play. They don't hesitate, they trust their instincts and abilities. Go back and rewatch that 2015 UNI/NDSU game and you tell me if Shep is open or has separation on that game winning TD. Easton has to learn to trust his instincts and get the ball out faster. I don't see him getting drafted but it's possible. I also don't see him making an NFL roster but that's entirely up to him at this point.
    You completely avoided my question. And I'm talking more on outs/ins not vertical passes. Stick is very confident with his vertical passing game and that was very evident last Saturday. Every pass he gave the receiver a chance to make a play. Freeman balked on it twice and Shep hauled his in. This whole conversation is like deja vu with Wentz. Wentz never looked like a world beater at NDSU. He didn't have the receiving corp to look that way. He did what was asked of him with what he had. Same thing with Stick. I have no doubt Stick will get drafted.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    And he has a coaching staff that is at least as smart as Easton installed by then.
    Including bringing back Wade Phillips who turns defenses around, but nobody seems to understand this after a gazillion years in the league.

It's only fitting to have a solid defense if you bring in a Bison QB.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    You completely avoided my question. And I'm talking more on outs/ins not vertical passes. Stick is very confident with his vertical passing game and that was very evident last Saturday. Every pass he gave the receiver a chance to make a play. Freeman balked on it twice and Shep hauled his in. This whole conversation is like deja vu with Wentz. Wentz never looked like a world beater at NDSU. He didn't have the receiving corp to look that way. He did what was asked of him with what he had. Same thing with Stick. I have no doubt Stick will get drafted.
    I could watch Carson play and say what he is doing translates to the NFL, haven't really seen that with Stick much.

From a decision-making standpoint, Carson was quick with the football and he could get the offense into a hurry-up situation and bring the offense down the field with his arm. In the UNI game he was doing elite things, things you don't really expect to see from a college QB at any level. I don't even like comparing Carson and Stick because they are very different prospects at this point in time, Carson was going to get drafted...just a matter of how high.

I still think Stick could drafted(maybe even round 3-4), he has a ton of talent but he has a ton to prove.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think Easton has the confidence in his own abilities that Carson had, and he certainly doesn't have the physical skill set Carson had/has. Shocking statement, I know. It seemed like he threw with more velocity and accuracy against the Jacks when he needed to. He has his senior year to improve, I'm pulling for him to make strides this year. He certainly looked better against SDSU than any other previous game. But he really needs to be more consistent if he has any chance of making it to the next level. I think he'll make a great AD. Our system lends itself to him at least getting a shot in the NFL, but he's got to improve on his consistency to make an NFL team. For the sake of this years Bison, we need him to play like he played last Saturday, or better. I personally don't believe the issue is with the receivers, it's with his risk aversion and lack of confidence in his abilities.