Page 17 of 455 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The March is On! Recruits come play for the best program and FCS and inside the loudest stadium in all of FCS.
    WE WANT EASTON ~ WE WANT EASTON!!!
    (EASTON STICK ~ What a Great Name!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    Smart and classless.

Classless? I don't buy it and I hope our next coach brings whatever recruits with him that he can. It's all in the game.

And I really hate all of the passive-aggressive posts/tweets about "hoping the recruits stay true to their word". These are 17-18 year old kids making huge decisions about their futures. I never fault a verbal commit for flipping (either direction mind you) and I sure don't fault a verbal who flips after a coaching change. He signed up for the entire program and Bohl was a big part of the package the recruit signed up for. The thing that he verballed to is different now. No fault at all if he re-evaluates once things change.

With that said, if a "verbal" is taking visits and accepting phone calls he isn't really a commit anyway. I expect the Bison coaches to recruit the best class, and that includes soft commits to our rivals who are open to hearing our message.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    WE WANT EASTON ~ WE WANT EASTON!!!
    (EASTON STICK ~ What a Great Name!!!)
    So is that your Mustang in the avatar?????

Those who stay will be champions. Easton has a chance to be a fan favorite coming onto campus from the get-go, and if he's up to the challenge he will earn his loyal following.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Those who stay will be champions.
    I this case, shouldn't it be "Those who COME will be champions"? I sure would like if he changes, but Stick is not even a Bison yet, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Those who stay will be champions. Easton has a chance to be a fan favorite coming onto campus from the get-go, and if he's up to the challenge he will earn his loyal following.
    Don't you dare put him on your bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I this case, shouldn't it be "Those who COME will be champions"? I sure would like if he changes, but Stick is not even a Bison yet, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    Those who stay committed will be champions?
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Why in the world would you want to go to UNI?
    I am flattered that you are asking me, specifically.

I wouldn't want to go to UNI, but obviously I am not the only one that feels that way, considering the number of students that get their education there.

Not to be too obvious, but the whole fan thing you speak of is just part of the game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    Classless? I don't buy it and I hope our next coach brings whatever recruits with him that he can. It's all in the game.

And I really hate all of the passive-aggressive posts/tweets about "hoping the recruits stay true to their word". These are 17-18 year old kids making huge decisions about their futures. I never fault a verbal commit for flipping (either direction mind you) and I sure don't fault a verbal who flips after a coaching change. He signed up for the entire program and Bohl was a big part of the package the recruit signed up for. The thing that he verballed to is different now. No fault at all if he re-evaluates once things change.

With that said, if a "verbal" is taking visits and accepting phone calls he isn't really a commit anyway. I expect the Bison coaches to recruit the best class, and that includes soft commits to our rivals who are open to hearing our message.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    Smart and classless.
    how is it classless? not like theyve signed with us