Page 136 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

I have a feeling if Easton can do a 30 TD, 6 INT, 3000 yards season he can get drafted. Where? I am lot less sure of vs Carson, I was arguing with smallcollegefan(pro scout) on AGS in his junior year that Carson will go in the 1st.

Easton will need to show more maturity, less take off, especially less trying to manufacture something out of nothing. He takes way too many tackles for loss in the backfield. If he can improve mechanics and feet he will get his chance. Just as with Josh Allen, Easton can ride the Carson hype a little. Although as a college QB I don't consider Allen better than Stick.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Go Easton!

I'd love to have another spring of watching a Bison QB shoot up draft boards and get his name dropped by all the draft gurus.

Another thing that might go under the radar to most armchair draft analysts but won't by the NFL scouts/personnel people is the fact that Easton will be a 3 year team captain after this year.
    No doubt his smarts and leadership are intangibles many showboat QB's dont have.

Stick has more of an upside than most and teams can take a chance, oh and hes a winner. We will see though, he does have to improve his game and stay healthy

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    What info do you have that he worked with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry for the delay, I've been on the road for work. When Carson brought his receiving corps to Fargo, I'm remembering that Easton was there throwing and (more importantly) observing. Easton, like Carson, is a student of the game, always observing, always learning.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    I was arguing with smallcollegefan(pro scout) on AGS in his junior year that Carson will go in the 1st.
    I don't remember what smallcollegefan was saying on AGS. Was he thinking Carson would NOT be a first round pick?

He seems to be pretty reasonable most of the time to me.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I don't remember what smallcollegefan was saying on AGS. Was he thinking Carson would NOT be a first round pick?

That would be a reasonable line of thinking for Carson's junior year. Only a few were thinking Carson as a first rounder that early, I know I sure wasn't. Props to those that did though.

North Dakota State’s Easton Stick sneaks into the NFL measurables comfort zone (6' 2", 225 pounds) and won the FCS title game MVP last year. He also threw for 2,466 yards, 28 touchdowns and eight interceptions (plus 663 rushing yards) at Carson Wentz’s place, where scouts now take up permanent residence
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/01/20...-lock-aj-brown

QB spotlight (FCS): North Dakota State's Easton Stick

Remember the freshman who took over for an injured Carson Wentz, went 8-0 as a starter and led North Dakota State to a fifth consecutive FCS national title in 2015? You'll be hearing a lot about him entering his senior season with the Bison. Stick has passed for 5,941 yards and 60 touchdowns in his first three seasons while continuing to develop as a rushing threat. There will be the inevitable Wentz comparisons at the 2019 combine, but perhaps because of Wentz's NFL success, Stick's path will be a little easier.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...19-nfl-combine

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post

He thought Carson was a second day pick. Even me saying this was a lot of optimism.

Watched some Easton tape today(very limited snaps), he is usually not reading after his second read, then takes off. This won't work at the next level. NDSU is running a lot of schematic mismatches after his snafu in the middle of last season. The offense is IMO more "college" than pro.

He needs to be given more responsibilities and more than half field reads. If he can make the transition, his arm strength looks adequate for the NFL. But everything else needs to be spot on. Right now I see his ceiling the same Kyle Lauletta, but Kyle has better field reading capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    He thought Carson was a second day pick. Even me saying this was a lot of optimism.

Watched some Easton tape today(very limited snaps), he is usually not reading after his second read, then takes off. This won't work at the next level. NDSU is running a lot of schematic mismatches after his snafu in the middle of last season. The offense is IMO more "college" than pro.

He needs to be given more responsibilities and more than half field reads. If he can make the transition, his arm strength looks adequate for the NFL. But everything else needs to be spot on. Right now I see his ceiling the same Kyle Lauletta, but Kyle has better field reading capabilities.
    This sounds accurate to me. Reading the field has always been Stick's weak spot. Physically the tools are all there. How well his reads improve next year will be huge for his draft stock. I'd love to see him lead a drive down the field surgically picking apart a defense like Wentz did vs UNI in the Fargodome. If he can demonstrate that kind of ability... cha ching!

The thing I don't understand with everyone saying he can't make reads is EVERYONE said the same thing about Wentz. Anybody ever bother to think that's the offense they're ASKING the QB's to run? Find one, find two. If they aren't there, get the hell out of the pocket and make something happen. NDSU's offense isn't pass-happy, so your line (while still very good) isn't going to be the absolute best at pass blocking. NDSU also doesn't have as many ponies on the outside that create separation all the time. Perhaps that will change with the incoming classes, but from years past, I'm more willing to say it's a design in the offense.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    The thing I don't understand with everyone saying he can't make reads is EVERYONE said the same thing about Wentz. Anybody ever bother to think that's the offense they're ASKING the QB's to run? Find one, find two. If they aren't there, get the hell out of the pocket and make something happen. NDSU's offense isn't pass-happy, so your line (while still very good) isn't going to be the absolute best at pass blocking. NDSU also doesn't have as many ponies on the outside that create separation all the time. Perhaps that will change with the incoming classes, but from years past, I'm more willing to say it's a design in the offense.
    Really? I don't remember that much at all. Wentz could read a defense so well that he knew where he was going with the ball about 90% of the time pre-snap. He staired down receivers a bit his junior season waiting for them to finally get open but it wasn't about reads. He really did a good job his senior season of using his eyes to move defenders and helping his guys get open earlier.