Page 132 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I am interested to see what he looks like this year. I am not sure Easton has the arm strength to be an NFL QB. From observation, it seems like Carson's passes to the outside got there a lot faster than Easton's. In any case, we are lucky to have him on the team. A great QB and I certainly hope I am wrong.
    Well, CW's passes get their faster than several NFL starters, so there is that.

ES has the arm, seems to have the smarts and is a leader. His long ball improved. ES just needs to get the ball out of his hand a half-second sooner, but that might also be the receivers.

If I recall the CW thread (plus about a million post-game comments over the years) , there was plenty who doubted CW could play pro ball. Not sure I would put too much stalk in BV ability to judge football talent...including mine
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-01-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Easton has a good enough arm, it isn't like Carson where at times he flicks the ball 40-50 yards and it seems effortless but it is good enough.

Easton needs to work on mechanics, timing and the 2 minute offense. Besides the arm, the game seemed slower for Carson. He could put the team on his back and march them downfield with his arm when he had to, haven't seen that yet from Stick.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    He could put the team on his back and march them downfield with his arm when he had to, haven't seen that yet from Stick.
    Iowa.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Would also setup possible Super Bowl games against Carson if both teams remain strong.
    That would be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Iowa.

10char
    I said arm, not legs. Iowa was very Brock esque.

The two minute offense in general leaves a lot to be desired under Stick, obviously some of it is coaching but he doesn't have remotely the same command of the offense as Carson had. It is the area where he needs to improve the most.

The new "next thing" in the NFL is the RPO and Stick is coming around at the perfect time for this. A lot of check down stuff, play action fakes and the occasional step back and throw it deep. Stick throws a GREAT deep ball. Seems as if he seldom misses on the deep throws. Actually wish the Bison threw deep a bit more often but I guess when you don't have to, why? CK might highlight him a bit more thru the season as well. Coaches aren't immune to wanting to showcase a guy to the national audiences. And, it wouldn't hurt recruiting to put another guy in the NFL QB circle.

While I won't get my hopes up that ES is a first rounder as it really doesnt happen that often to get QBs from the same school go so high within just a couple years of each other. But I don't see why he can't get drafted somewhere like Lauletta and maybe higher if it is a weaker QB class

His tape will be great. His experience running a more pro style offense and making audibles at the line will be a huge plus. How high he goes will depend on how he does at the allstar games/combine/workouts

I wish we had an FBS game for Stick to play in, a big performance in a game against higher level competition would help him. He does have the Iowa game, which showcases his athleticism but another game would help showcase his growth.

If Gruden wasn't coaching again I'd predict Stick would be on QB Camp and the series right before half against the Bunnies in the playoffs would be the film he uses to embarrass Stick.

A pro quarterback? Seriously? Has anyone pointed out yet that he couldn't start for most FBS teams?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix