Page 13 of 455 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

To continue the thread drift, talking about these former players got me searching for some of the players that have left, check out this article on Berkley Grimm, wow. Hopefully a lot of Bison family love has been and/or will be sent his way.

http://www.press-citizen.com/article...-Grimm-tougher

Quote Originally Posted by herdmember View Post
    To continue the thread drift, talking about these former players got me searching for some of the players that have left, check out this article on Berkley Grimm, wow. Hopefully a lot of Bison family love has been and/or will be sent his way.

http://www.press-citizen.com/article...-Grimm-tougher
    wow that sucks. Young kid with cancer.
    Good luck to him!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    We have a history of solid scat-RBs who were fast as lightning, but never really reached their potential or had early exits at NDSU.

Shamen Washington (good player, nagging injuries)
    Pete Blinco (gone)
    Mike Sigers (gone . . . the best of the group IMO)
    Darius Anderson (waiting . . . )

So, is Anderson the next good Scat-Back to be under-utilized and leave the program. IMO, get him some misdirection carries, not an every down back, but great speed. Let the WRs catch the ball. Sigers was a beast, and would have had a big impact in the 2011 Championship if he could have stuck around. I'd also like to see what Anderson can do as a PR or KR too.

Hopefully we see a lot of Anderson w/ Crockett and Morlock next year. I'm betting on a two headed monster of Crockett/Morlock, but there is room for Anderson too.
    Don't forget about DeShawn Perkins...he was my favorite of the scat-type backs. He never reached his full potential because he played behind Lamar Gordon. He would've started for any NCC team.

Sorry I know it's a little old school but I couldn't let the above list pass without mentioning his name.

With that said, I do wish they would give Darius more carries, not only am I partial to these types of backs but with all the hype from last year (about him being so elusive and the hardest to tackle in practice) I thought I would've seen more of him by now.

Pulling Morlock's redshirt is still a mystery to me considering all the talented backs we have.

[QUOTE=Tony Almeida;782009]With that said, I do wish they would give Darius more carries, not only am I partial to these types of backs but with all the hype from last year (about him being so elusive and the hardest to tackle in practice) I thought I would've seen more of him by now.QUOTE]

We don't run that type of offense. We run a smash mouth style of run game and guys his size can't keep taking that kind of beating, nor can they usually dish that out. I think he'd be great towards the end of a game after we've worn a team down and they're a little slower to the holes or shutting down the edges. I too want to see him get some touches, but he just may be the best scout back for guys like Bell (I know we don't need to worry any more), Flanders, and that type of runner, that NDSU has ever had.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Darius has EARNED carries! Scout team warrior! Total stud! Please...please give this kid a couple carries, pitch it to space and enjoy! Hope he gets a couple on Saturday.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    We have a history of solid scat-RBs who were fast as lightning, but never really reached their potential or had early exits at NDSU.

Shamen Washington (good player, nagging injuries)
    Pete Blinco (gone)
    Mike Sigers (gone . . . the best of the group IMO)
    Darius Anderson (waiting . . . )

So, is Anderson the next good Scat-Back to be under-utilized and leave the program. IMO, get him some misdirection carries, not an every down back, but great speed. Let the WRs catch the ball. Sigers was a beast, and would have had a big impact in the 2011 Championship if he could have stuck around. I'd also like to see what Anderson can do as a PR or KR too.

Hopefully we see a lot of Anderson w/ Crockett and Morlock next year. I'm betting on a two headed monster of Crockett/Morlock, but there is room for Anderson too.
    Dont forget Dinwiddie too. Not all of these guys left due to playing time. Sigers became academically ineligible and became a rapper or something. Blincoe didn't have a chance with Roehl and Paschal. He had some injuries too. The scat back doesn't really fit into our style of offense. That's why they put Shaman Washington as a slot receiver like Smith.

Darius Anderson isn't really a scat back though. He's a mix

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Dont forget Dinwiddie too. Not all of these guys left due to playing time. Sigers became academically ineligible and became a rapper or something. Blincoe didn't have a chance with Roehl and Paschal. He had some injuries too. The scat back doesn't really fit into our style of offense. That's why they put Shaman Washington as a slot receiver like Smith.

Well he was also a buck 60 soaking wet holding dumb bells in each hand too...

Tell the players that...they pretty much said he is the most agile, elusive running back they have faced (granted that was in practice) but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Darius has EARNED carries! Scout team warrior! Total stud! Please...please give this kid a couple carries, pitch it to space and enjoy! Hope he gets a couple on Saturday.
    This is what I've heard. Maybe pass protection an issue? How about 10 carries against ISU-blue?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Well he was also a buck 60 soaking wet holding dumb bells in each hand too...

Tell the players that...they pretty much said he is the most agile, elusive running back they have faced (granted that was in practice) but still...
    Shaman was one of the strongest guys on the team. Bohl compared Anderson's style to Shakir Bell

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

FYI, the Dinwiddie's are both playing at Emporia State. They are 7-0 on the season. Daveon is being used primarily as a punt and kick returner and defensive back. He has 2 interceptions! Deshawn is 3rd on the team in tackles and Daveon is 4th on the team in tackles. Both good kids who went through hell growing up so I'm glad to see them doing well closer to home.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013