Page 12 of 455 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    No shit. Jose may not have been one of the all time greats but he is a former Bison that came all the way from California to give D1 football a shot. He started some big wins like Kansas and Montana State and was a great leader even as a backup. His height wasn't ideal but he could scramble.
    Brock started and was knocked out with a shoulder injury. That said, Mohler was 3-11 for 33 yards passing and an INT in the game. He did have 48 yards rushing.

But I agree, he had a role on that team. He was serviceable enough to win a playoff game and did just enough to beat Kansas. The Kansas win got us into the playoffs and was the start of the run we are on.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Brock started and was knocked out with a shoulder injury. That said, Mohler was 3-11 for 33 yards passing and an INT in the game. He did have 48 yards rushing.

But I agree, he had a role on that team. He was serviceable enough to win a playoff game and did just enough to beat Kansas. The Kansas win got us into the playoffs and was the start of the run we are on.
    I contend his warm weather California roots really made him play bad!

But don't forget the Youngstown Game of 2010 .... great Jose moment!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A lot of people commented on how much they liked the YSU play by play announcer. I can't stand him. Drove me crazy just watching those highlights, but thanks for posting Gabe. Mohler did make a solid contribution to the Bison.

My favorite play of his was the naked bootleg in the playoff game against Montana State that caused the flood gates to open leading to a serious Bobpussy beatdown.

Watching Singers in the highlights makes me wonder is our current #8 is gonna get some carries soon?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    A lot of people commented on how much they liked the YSU play by play announcer. I can't stand him. Drove me crazy just watching those highlights, but thanks for posting Gabe. Mohler did make a solid contribution to the Bison.

My favorite play of his was the naked bootleg in the playoff game against Montana State that caused the flood gates to open leading to a serious Bobpussy beatdown.
    The YSU announcer is good... if he toned it down a bit. I think he must drink 19 of cups of coffee and smoke a nice bowl of crack before he goes live! Good voice though.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Watching Singers in the highlights makes me wonder is our current #8 is gonna get some carries soon?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

We have a history of solid scat-RBs who were fast as lightning, but never really reached their potential or had early exits at NDSU.

Shamen Washington (good player, nagging injuries)
    Pete Blinco (gone)
    Mike Sigers (gone . . . the best of the group IMO)
    Darius Anderson (waiting . . . )

So, is Anderson the next good Scat-Back to be under-utilized and leave the program. IMO, get him some misdirection carries, not an every down back, but great speed. Let the WRs catch the ball. Sigers was a beast, and would have had a big impact in the 2011 Championship if he could have stuck around. I'd also like to see what Anderson can do as a PR or KR too.

Hopefully we see a lot of Anderson w/ Crockett and Morlock next year. I'm betting on a two headed monster of Crockett/Morlock, but there is room for Anderson too.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Man, if we had lost that game we would have missed the playoffs.

I forgot how fast Mike Sigers was. Whatever happened to him?

The announcer's voice sounds like Dan Cole's fake announcer bits about Brad Radke "Mister Three Up, Three Down." Now I need to track that down. Edit: Here's the link: third MP3 down: http://www.kfan.com/pages/common/audio.html His Brad Radke Spanish and "Johnson Takes Radke Deep" are pretty good too, and remind me of the announcer's voice, but I probably digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    We have a history of solid scat-RBs who were fast as lightning, but never really reached their potential or had early exits at NDSU.

Pete Blinco (gone)

So, is Anderson the next good Scat-Back to be under-utilized and leave the program. IMO, get him some misdirection carries, not an every down back, but great speed. Let the WRs catch the ball. Sigers was a beast, and would have had a big impact in the 2011 Championship if he could have stuck around. I'd also like to see what Anderson can do as a PR or KR too.

Hopefully we see a lot of Anderson w/ Crockett and Morlock next year. I'm betting on a two headed monster of Crockett/Morlock, but there is room for Anderson too.
    By the time Washington got medical redshirts added up he should of left NDSU with a PhD.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I forgot how fast Mike Sigers was. Whatever happened to him?
    I think he was suspended from the team. I am thinking it was grades, but too lazy to search for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post

Pete Blinco (gone)

You can add Hudson and Dinwiddie to that list also